Monday, February 26, 2007

LONG WEEKEND!!

Wow! What a weekend! It started off horribly. I took off Thursday from work to cook and clean for a brunch I was having on Saturday. I should have gone to work! Eric had the "runs" all day, but never flushed the toilet. I didn't realize this until it was too late. I was in the kitchen chopping up some chicken for a salad I was making when I heard Eric scream. I ran upstairs to discover the toilet overflowing. He had used almost an entire roll of toliet paper that day. But because he never flushed, I had all of his goodies coming out of the toilet as well. I hurried and reached down to turn off the water, but it wasn't turning off. There are so many things in our house that is backwards. In the meantime, I am having Eric hold that 'balloon' that's in the tank (I don't know the correct term) while I am trying to plunger the toilet out. BUT, because it was so full of water, I was splashing the water and such all over me and Eric. So I started scooping out the toilet and put it in the bathtub. So now our bathtub got clogged. I hear my phone ringing downstairs, so I asked Eric to run grab it for me. It was Zac. He got hit on the freeway TWICE! He hurt his neck and his right leg. The guy hit him hard enough that his hat flew off his head into the back window. Luckily he's alright, but the insurance company is going to total our car once again. I just barely renewed our car insurance, and Zac didn't have it in the car. So the officer needed the expiration date, etc. for his report. So I ran downstairs to get it, and heard some water running downstairs. The water from the bathroom was going through our lights in our family room! So I hurried and put buckets underneath our lights, gave Zac the insurance info, and ran back upstairs. I finally tried turning the shut off valve the opposite way, and the water turned off. I finally got the toilet unclogged, and decided to work on unclogging the bathtub now. As I was turning the drain to get it off, I broke it. GREAT! After I mopped up all the water on the floor, I pretty much gave up trying to fix the tub and waited for Zac to finish the job. By this time, myself and both kids were sopping wet. I threw them into the shower in my bathroom and got them cleaned up. I am grateful for the "sanitary" cycle on my washer for all those towels! GROSS!!!!

I had a great turnout for the brunch on Saturday. I ended up hosting a "Taste of Home Entertaining" party. Bobby helped me make some of the food for it. I was so impressed with all the kids. There were probably 14 kids at my house, and they ALL played so quiet. There weren't any fights over toys, etc. We had a great time!

On Sunday, it was our first time teaching the Sunbeams. We had 13 sunbeams, and sharing time was a nightmare! If they didn't call out one of the 3 year old names to come help with the lesson, they were crying. At one point, I had 3 kids on my lap, Zac had 3 on his, and the other 7 were in their seats crying. Then when we taught the lesson, I am so used to having to hurry and rush through the lesson so that we can get it all in, that after I gave the kids the lesson, I looked at my watch to see how close we cut it, and we still had 45 minutes LEFT! It was a LONG 45 minutes. I think I taught that same lesson 4 times, we made the kids color twice, etc. I know now that I have to be longwinded with these lessons.

3 comments:

Chad said...

That sounds horrible! I really hope Zac is OK. That sounds like a dangerous accident. Are there any pictures of it?

Lisa said...

Wow - I hope Zac is ok and that everything gets fixed in the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

I'm waiting for Zac to take pics of the car...our car wasn't nearly as bad as the car that hit him. Which is surprising since our car could be mistaken for a tin can.