I finally got the results back from Eric's lump. It started out as an in-grown hair, that inflamed a cell, and the cell became infected which caused the lump to grow larger and larger and hard. YEAH! Who knew we would be so excited about a hair! The doctor told us that we probably would have needed surgery anyways to get the infection and the hair out. What a relief!
The doctor's office gave me 2 scares in the past week, that I didn't want to write about, because I didn't want to worry anybody until I knew what was going on. On Tuesday, the day after the surgery, Primary Children's called me at 4:30. I was in a meeting, so I didn't answer the phone. (I also didn't recognize the number) They left me a message stating that it was urgent for me to get back with them. I called immediately, and they transferred me to everyone and their dog, and nobody knew who called me, or why. Then Zac and Dad call me, and the hospital had called both of them. Zac also didn't answer the phone, but Dad did, (who is listed as my emergency contact next to Zac) and they wouldn't tell him why they were calling, just that they needed to speak to a parent of Eric. I finally gave up, and told them that if it was urgent they would call me back. Sure enough, at 8:00 in the morning, I get a call from Primary Children's. I asked if this was the same nurse who was calling me last night and it was. She asked me a series of questions about how Eric's feeling, his activity, etc. Then she said that was all. I said "Excuse me? Why did you say this was urgent? Do you have any idea how unsettleing that was last night? Do you realize that we are waiting to find out if my son has cancer or not?!!" She apologized and said that it was the end of her shift, and she really is suppose to talk to us within 24 hours of the surgery, and she really wanted me to call back. She didn't realize we were waiting for any lab results.
Since then, I have been calling the doctor's office about 1-2 times a day to try to find out the results. Nobody has called me back. I immediately get transferred to a voicemail everytime I call. Today, I had it. When I called, I told them I wanted to speak to a LIVE person, and I want the results. I should have had them a week ago! The nurse grabs our file and finds the results, but told me that she did not understand the terminology that the pathologist used, that she had never seen it before. So that was at lunch. She finally just called me back and told me about the in-grown hair. I had no idea that 3 year olds could have in-grown hairs! At least it was good news! We don't have our follow-up appointment until Feb. 14th.
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
What a relief!!!! Wow that was scary for you.
Post a Comment