On Tuesday we had that huge wind storm. I came home from work and the power was out. The police had told Dad that the power would be out for 5-7 days! There were power poles on the ground everywhere! Luckily, the head of Provo Power lives across the street from us, and we got the power back on within 7 hours.
On Wednesday, I went to Raging Waters with Eric and his preschool/daycare. They wouldn't let Eric ride in the tube with me, they made him get his own tube, he fell right through the hole. So I ended up renting a double tube so I could stick my feet in the hole, and have him sit on my feet. Eric had on some water shoes, and they made him take off his WATER SHOES on the water slides?! I couldn't believe it! He fell asleep while we were in the wave pool. Those waves rocked him right to sleep. So I stayed in there for about an hour before I finally woke him up. I got so BURNED.
Thursday, I had the POD delivered at our new house. Zac and I both had to work, but Dad and Devin unloaded everything out of the POD, and all brought over all of our stuff that was in the garage and the basement. It was great. Do you think Dad was a little anxious to have us out?
On Friday, I dropped the kids off at Bobby's and Dad and I got up to my house at about 7 am. We brought the trailer and made several trips from Zac's work to our house. (Zac's boss let us store most of our stuff in their shed.) We pretty much got all of the boxes out, there were some heavy items left. But at 2pm Nathan and Devin showed up, so now we also had the use of the truck. We got everything emptied out of Zac's work. We tried to put our canopy log bed up the stairs, but there was no way it was going up, so Dad took a chainsaw to the bed. :( It looks good though.
On Saturday, we had our LAST load! Dad wanted all of the guys there to lift the piano into the trailer. We got everything completely out of Dad's house, and Saturday morning, we were officially moved in. The kids were having so much fun rediscovering their toys. I can't believe how much stuff we have to unpack! Dad was able to install our microwave above our stove, and Zac got our washer and dryer hooked up. I started to wash everything. By the time it reached 6 pm, I got feeling really sick. I threw up 5 times that night. Plus, we didn't have our a/c installed yet, so it was 96 degrees in our bedroom...it was awful. I put the kids in the tub and turned on the water. Turns out, that they never hooked up our water heater. So the kids took an ice cold bath. They really did not enjoy it. Zac started working on the water heater for about 2 hours with no luck. So I also took an ice cold shower that night to try to cool off. It was the worst night. I still felt sick yesterday, but Zac was unpacking most of the boxes. He even stripped the stain off the dining room table, and re-stained it. It looks brand new. In the evening, we had some of our new neighbors come over. We asked them about the water heater, and they said that we needed to turn on the HEATER for 10 minutes, and then try to light the water heater. WHAT? But it worked. It was awful though, the house was so hot anyways, and then we purposefully turned on the heater. I think the kids have eaten around 20 popcicles this weekend.
SO, I asked Zac, "When are we getting our city garbage can?" He looks the other way and slowly says, "We're not." WHAT?!! HE decided that he will haul all of our garbage away to his work to save us $11 a month. ELEVEN DOLLARS! For those of you who don't know, Zac is the most frugal person I have ever met. He is willing to put dirty diapers, milk cartons, you name it in his car to save us $11. We will see how long this lasts. Other than that, we are slowly getting our house put together, it's a slow process, hopefully it will be finished soon. AND the drive to work today was great. I got here in record time.
Monday, August 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
How fun to be in your new house! I hope you're feeling better, too. Sick = no fun.
Yipee! How exciting to be in your new home - I can't wait to see it!
You're finally in! That's great. But what fun would a moving story be without someone getting sick!
WOW! I hope the a/c is working now? What's with you guys and heaters etc.? Post some pictures when you are feeling better! Love, Tammi
In our first house in Tooele, we had no ac for the first two summers. I felt like I was on my mission, Ange didn't think it was as exciting.
Post a Comment