Tuesday, August 29, 2006

We have connections

So I had a one-on-one meeting with the U.S. Attorney yesterday. It went really well. During the meeting, he asked me what Zac's goals were. I told him that he was pre-law, etc. He asked where Zac wanted to go to law school. I told him hopefully BYU. He then told me, if he wants to go to BYU he will go to BYU. He then said that he will personally call the Dean of the Law School and get Zac accepted to BYU Law school. He also told me that everybody tends to do what he tells them. So we are pretty excited about that. Zac is a Junior this year at UVSC, so in a year when he applies for law school, the U.S. Attorney is going to write a letter of recommendation, and call the Dean, and he wanted me to make sure that Zac wrote his application essay on gravedigging. He was very adamant about that. I'm not sure why.

I have a mandatory meeting in my office this week. The rumor is that Pres. Bush is going to be there. About an hour ago, Condoleeza Rice asked the AUSA that I work for to come and meet him about one of our big cases. So he took my camera and went down to the Grand America Hotel. Zac wants to photoshop me into the pictures. I tried to reason my way into going, since I have done all of the preparing of documents, but I changed my mind at the last minute. I didn't wear the best outfit today. I wore pinstripe pants with a blue shirt, when if I was going to meet her, I would have worn a business outfit. I didn't have court today, so I wasn't too concerned with the way that I dressed today. But I did discover today that I have really nice skills at picking out a matching tie to a suit. The AUSA ran to me frantic because of the call from Condoleeza, and he needed to know what tie worked best. So I found one that would look suitable. As he was walking back from meeting with her, a homeless man with three teeth pointed at him and said, "Wow, that is a REALLY nice tie!" It was great.

Tonight I am going to our new Stake Center to help unpack boxes. We get to officially start meeting there Sept. 17th. But I thought with my great skills of unpacking boxes, that I should go over and help. I found out last night that our ward has over 800 people in it! WOW! Last night when Zac and I were putting Eric to bed he asked for a drink of water. Zac was too lazy to go downstairs to get him the purified water, so he filled up the drink in the bathroom and gave it to Eric. (We have soft water in the bathroom) Eric took one sip and said, "Ew, this is gross! What is this?" Who knew that you could tell that much of a difference of bathroom water v. kitchen water. Zac laughed all the way down to the kitchen to fill up with the purified water. Eric made Zac drink some of it before he would drink it. We made the kittens spend the night in the bathroom last night, and I woke up this morning to the whole role of toliet paper on the ground. They completely unrolled it, and it had rips throughout. They will now spend the night in the garage.

No comments: