Last night as I was coming home from work I got a flat tire. I was on the point of the mountain in the fast lane going 70 mph when I heard a 'POP' and then the car behind me honked their horn. The car immediately shifted its weight. I didn't see anything in the lane that I could have ran over. I hurried and got over to the emergency lane to discover this massive hole in the tire! The worst part is that I am at the top of the point of the mountain, AND this is the only day that I didn't have the cell phone. (Zac had it because the delivery truck was going to call him.) AND yesterday was the first time it was pouring rain for a month! I decided that there was no way I was walking all the way down the point in high heels and in the rain. Plus, with it raining, it was hard enough to see the lanes, let alone a person walking on the side of the freeway. So I turned on my hazards and drove about 10mph in the emergency lane until I reached the Highland/Alpine exit, and coasted into the gas station. If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all. So I went to the payphone and called Zac to come help me. As soon as he left the house in Provo, I realized that Nathan just lives a city away, and I'm pretty sure he knows how to change a tire since he worked at Big-O for all those years. But it was too late to let Zac know. Zac had never seen a tire with a huge whole in it before. I was lucky and didn't bend the rim for driving on it. Zac put on the spare tire and off we went to Provo in the pouring rain.
In other news, Zac is picking me up for lunch today to celebrate my birthday. We were going to go out this evening, but Dad had the kids ALL DAY yesterday when Zac was at the house, as soon as Zac got home from the house, I called him about the flat tire, so Dad had the kids for most of the evening as well, and I didn't want to make him watch them again. It's nice that Zac's work schedule is flexible as long as there isn't a funeral. Eric was pretty disappointed that we didn't make cupcakes for my birthday. I worked late yesterday also, and by the time I got home it was 7-7:30pm, and I was exhausted from the day.
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment