Thursday, August 24, 2006

I got an award!

I got "Employee of the Quarter" yesterday for the whole United States, which is a pretty big deal. They also gave me a bonus check, but they took more than half of my bonus for taxes! It came with this REALLY nice plaque with the president's signature. I just need to find a place in my office to hang it! It has been crazy at work this entire week! I haven't been able to eat lunch all week (or update the blog). On Tuesday, there was a huge take down, but I had to get the seizure warrants prepared, the attorney and DEA agents were all in my office standing behind me as I was typing away and getting all the info, during this process, I'm shoving a spoonful of potatoes in my mouth because I was starving. Hopefully today will be a slow day. I had a new U.S. Marshal tell me that he loves me. It was a complete accident, but he won't live it down. He was leaving a message on my voice mail, and at the end he said "Alright, I'll talk to you later, love you." Then he realized what he said. On the message, only about 20 seconds of it was regarding a case, the next two minutes was him back peddling. I had a FBI agent in my office when I listened to the message. We all laughed so hard. I told the Assistant U.S. Attorney about it, so we called him and gave him a hard time. Funny thing is, if he would have pressed the # button, he could have re-recorded his message. He told me that he was too flustered to even think of that.

Eric is officially potty-trained. He refuses to wear diapers anymore. We didn't have any accidents during church on Sunday, and this week at daycare. (Which is where I really worried that he would have his accidents.) He is even waking up in the morning dry. What a relief. Aubrey still wants to use the potty everytime she sees Eric on it. Aubrey is learning sign language at the daycare. Luckily I know sign language, so I knew what she was asking for. It is really cute. When she says "please" she will rub her stomach with both hands. (Instead of rubbing the chest with one hand.) She is getting so big. Zac put her in nursery last Sunday. I told him to try it, but stay with her. She doesn't turn 18 months until September. But Zac just dropped her off and came back. She did really well. Our ward is so huge. Last Sunday (and we weren't late) we had to sit on the back row. And by the back row, I mean our chairs were up against the stage in the gym. There were people standing along the sides of the walls, etc. It is too big. It's hard to get to know people when there are so many people.

Tonight starts volleyball season. I am really excited. Zac gets home from school just in time for me to go to practice. This is ward volleyball, but all the girls that I am playing with all played volleyball in highschool, so it's not the typical ward volleyball.

Zac started school yesterday. He's got a busy schedule. He only has Friday's off again. And he won't get home everynight until 10 pm, (except for Thursdays and he's home by 7 pm)and he has school all day on Saturday. So far his classes are going really well. His class last night is to help the students take the LSAT and get into Law School. They even are having him write a "pre-law review" which one student from the school will get theirs published. Zac is really excited about this. Zac has also gotten our entire front yard ready to put in the sprinkler system. He is going to rent a backhoe for the backyard. Because we are on the mountain, our yard is going uphill. He is going to dig it out so that our yard is flat, and he will put in a big retaining wall. Our neighbor across the street is a landscaper, so that is going to be really helpful.

That's about it for our week. (And Lisa, Dad and I really tried to watch you on the game show, we just couldn't find it. I even went down to Provo to try to watch. Sorry.)

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow! Employee of the Quarter - amazing. They really do LOVE YOU!

Anonymous said...

Good work Heather, love you.

Anonymous said...

errrr, I mean....see you later.