We started our Conference Weekend out with Zac painting his sister's car. She had mentioned in passing that she wanted
to have the grill of her car painted pink. Zac went and picked up a "new" grill for her at the junk yard (her car had been into an accident, and Zac was fixing it for her), and he decided to surprise her by already painting it pink. So she came on Friday and saw the "surprise" and decided that she wanted a darker pink on her car, so she came back on Saturday with some new paint, and Zac finished the job by painting the side
s and license plate holder.
On Thursday after work, I headed out to the gym, and when I was running on the treadmill, after about 7 minutes of running, I couldn't take it anymore. My shins were KILLING me! Turns out that I have shin splints. Zac went to physical therapy on Friday and talked to the physical therapist about my shin splints, and he told Zac that if I had pain on the inside of my shins on my le
gs, then I got the shin splints because of the shoes I was wearing, if it was on the outside of my shins, then it was because of all the incline running I have been doing. Well, I'm lucky and I have both! So we broke down and got me a new pair of running shoes. I was due for a new pair of shoes, my last pair, Mom bought me in the 8th grade....so I called Lisa and she told me I could get a pair
customed to my foot at a specialty running store. So we found one in American Fork. They are great! They did all these measurements on my foot, had me walk to see how my foot arches, etc, they even made me run on the treadmill to see where I put the most pressure on my foot, etc. So I got a great pair of running shoes. I am excited to try them out! I signed up for a 5k at the end of this month. It will be in Saratoga Springs (so right by my house) for April Roper's daughters college fund. April Roper is the girl that
was my age that died in the house explosion about a month ago due to a gas leak. THEN, I signed up for a 5k in June for the Lehi Round-Up. So those should be fun. I am really considering signing up for another 1/2 marathon in October in Moab, Utah. I have some friends that run it every year and love it down there. It goes through Canyonlands, etc, so it will be a beautiful run.
For Conference, we headed up to Zac's Aunt Diana's house for lunch, and then to watch the afternoon session of Conference. Barb rode up with us in the truck, and the kids slept (YEAH!) during the ride. Th
e kids had a lot of fun playing outside. Zac's cousins and Uncle started a wiffle ball game in the front yard, and while I was out there, the ball hit our truck 3 times. So Barb finally ended up sitting in the bed of the truck to catch fly balls. Eric got hit in the arm by the ball when Zac's cousin, Joey, was trying to get somebody out on 1st base. Eric freaked out about getting hit, I didn't think it was anything because it was a WIFFLE ball that hit him, but when we got home, and I was putting him into pajamas, he had
a welt on his arm in the shape of a circle..hmmm. I guess all the crying was for a reason. He got over it though when he saw they had some little bikes for him and Aubrey to ride on. Zac's Great(?) Aunt Thelma fell right when everybody was leaving. It was a little unsettling. It happened right in front of us and she fell flat on her face. Luckily she didn't break anything (that we know about). She is probably feeling the effect of the fall today. It felt like the fall was in slow motion, and nobody could get to her in time to catch her.
Zac has been wor
king a little bit on the basement this weekend also. He cut all the wood to put shelves in our cold storage, and he had put the studs in the cement to hold the shelves. He also put on a lot of sprinkler heads in the front yard. We need to get the sod down soon. He changed his plans for the backyard last minute, so we now need to rent a backhoe again so Zac can dig out our backyard. He wants to make our yard level with our next door neighbors...which is a lot of work since we live on a mountain. Hopefully Zac hasn't bit off more than he can chew.

2 comments:
So glad you found some good running shoes. Looks like you have some great runs planned - YIPPEE!!
thanks for posting the gross pic of me in the back of your truck! lol
Post a Comment