Thursday, March 29, 2007

We bought a Truck!










Our Ford Aspire was definitely on its last leg. I took it to work on Monday, and it was all I could do to get it up to 45 mph on the FREEWAY! Zac's really good friend owns an auto body shop, and he told Zac about this truck. It is a 2006 Ford F-150 Supercab, it has around 12,000 miles, etc. It was in a wreck, and they had to replace the headlight or blinker (I know they replaced something like that) but that was all the damage. They sold it to us for only $14,500. This truck's LOW book value is $23,000. Even the bank was wondering why we were getting it for such a low amount. They gave it to us at their cost....for what they bought the truck for, and parts, that's it. They didn't make a dime off of us. Zac used to do a lot of work for everybody that worked at this auto body shop. We went on a cruise to the Caribbean with them several years ago, and are planning on going to Hawaii with them this January. Because we got such a good deal on this truck, we are going to sell it (We talked to Zac's friend about it, and he doesn't mind). We are going to sell it for retail value, so we should make quite a bit off of it, pay off our auto loan, and buy something a little less expensive.
I drove it to work today, and I hadn't even been driving for 5 minutes when a rabbit hopped in front of the truck and I ran over it. UGH! I'm not used to driving something so big, so at work, I parked in 2 spots.
So Eric spent the ENTIRE day with yesterday at WORK!!! About 10 minutes after I dropped the kids off at daycare yesterday, they called me saying that Eric's eye was starting to turn pink. I hadn't really noticed it in the morning when I dropped him off. But their policy makes me come pick him up. So I brought him to my office and waited until 9am for the doctor's office to open (it was around 7:30am at this time). We were able to get into the doctor at 10 am, and yes, he did have pink eye. So I stopped and got him the prescription eye drops and some lunch and brought him back to my office. He actually did better than I thought. He colored A LOT, and took a nap under my desk, George Constanza style. Around 2 pm he started to get really restless though, so I called our computer I.T. person, and asked if there was any way I could get another laptop in my office so Eric could watch movies. He had to create a new login and password for Eric, but he was great and brought down the laptop. So Eric watched "Chicken Little" 3 times before we got to go pick up Aubrey. I was amazed that I actually got quite a bit of work done with him in my office. Although, any time I had to talk to one of the attorneys, I would tell Eric I would be right back, and I could hear him yelling "Mommy! Where are you!" and then I would see him run past the office that I was in. So he tagged along everywhere I went. He also had to use the potty, I kid you not, NINE times during the course of the work day. Zac stayed home with the kids today...hopefully they're good for him :)

No comments: