Sunday, April 29, 2007

5k
















So I ran my first race. I'm not too proud of my time...32 minutes 30 seconds, but at least I now have a time that I can try to beat on my next 5k. What I wasn't expecting in this race, was 2 miles of the 5k were completely steep uphill. It is MUCH easier to run on a treadmill!!! I ran the "April Run for Olivia". I was on channel 4 news in the background. I was disappointed that you could see me. I really tried hard to stay away from the news cameras. But alas, I was in the background.
I went to South Carolina this past week...Zac had his hands full with the kids. I came home on Friday night, ran the 5k Saturday morning, and when I came back, Zac was out working in the yard. His boss had brought up about 400 sq feet of his grass to build a gazebo, so Zac took the "free sod" so we needed to put it in our yard quick. The builders were kind enough to dump a load of gravel on our property, along with 4 loads of HORRIBLE dirt. So, while Zac was working on putting the water pipe together for the sprinkler system (he had to drill through our foundation to connect the water inside), I decided to take on the task of filling up the wheelbarrel with gravel. I did about 16 loads in total (we lost track). I would fill it up, and Zac would dump the load where he has started to build a shed. We were working on the yard until 10 pm, and finally came in because we flat out couldn't see anymore. We were able to put the sod on the parkstrip above our house, hopefully as a WARNING to the builders, that this is our property, stop dumping stuff on it!! (It's not our builder that continues to do this, it is the builder that is in the next neighborhood.)

That was about it for my weekend, I go back to South Carolina this week for ANOTHER conference. After this weekend of yard work, I think I'm ready for some more "ME" time. :) I'm just kidding...I missed my family. It's always hard to leave the kids behind. We are getting about 2500 sq feet of sod delivered this Friday, so I will be home just in time to help out Saturday morning.

1 comment:

Barb said...

you should have called me! I didnt do anything all weekend...and I dont have plans this weekend so if you need some help let me know ok?