Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Easter Weekend!

We had a great Easter weekend. We started it off by going to Eagle Mountain City's Easter Egg Hunt. They had 10,000 eggs filled with candy, and they were smart enough to grid the field to age groups. We got there 45 minutes early, and when the fire truck blew it's horn, all of the eggs were gone in 30 seconds. I couldn't believe how fast they were gone. The kids were lucky to get 5 eggs each. I asked Eric if he had fun, and he said "No, not really. We had to wait a LONG time for a tootsie roll." I think next year, Zac and I will put on our own easter egg hunt just for the kids. I had brought the camera to take pictures, not realizing that the battery was dead. So, it is currently re-charging.

Easter morning, the kids woke up to their Easter baskets. During our lesson in church, it was on Easter of course. I asked all the kids if the Easter bunny had come to their house last night, and all of them said yes, and proceeded telling us with their stories. Then Eric said, "The Easter Bunny didn't come to my house. I just woke up and had a lot of candy...I don't know why"

I signed up for the "Race for the Cure" 5k in May. When I signed up, they had a spot to run "In memory of" somebody, so I get to run with a bib stating, "In Memory of Kristine Powell". They asked me for families e-mail addresses to let them know that I am running the 5k, so I provided them. I had NO IDEA that the e-mail was asking for pledges. I was embarrassed when I saw that it was a mass e-mail asking for money...from ME. But I do want to THANK everyone who has pledged me on this run, it really means a lot to have your support.

Zac has finished putting all the sprinkler heads on the park strip (the part of your yard between the road and the sidewalk) this weekend. He also built me some shelves in our cold storage. They look great. He had to hammer a bullet into the cement(?) to make the shelves stronger. I had never heard of this technique, but Zac put his entire weight on the shelf and did some pull ups, and it didn't wiggle at all...so at least I know it will hold the wheat. It will be nice to get some of those boxes of food storage cleared out of our basement, and organized in the cold storage room.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

What a great run that you signed up for! I am glad you all had a wonderful Easter. Eric is so funny :)