Monday, March 12, 2007

Our Weekend

Not too much happened this past week. I have started to run 4 miles every day during my lunch break, and on Saturday, Zac and I bought a double jogging stroller/trailer. They had a great deal at Costco, my friend has actually fit 4 kids in it! It will convert to a bike trailer for those days that I need to crosstrain. I ran a little over 5 miles on Sunday with it and the kids. It was a beautiful day outside. Zac was able to start putting the sprinkler heads on in our yard. Currently, we just have a lot of hose sticking out of the ground. I was going to officially potty train Aubrey this weekend, but I wanted to devote an entire weekend to it, and we had the dentist on Friday. Aubrey has been going potty every night and morning in the potty, I really think she's ready, I just need to make the switch to underwear...I always hate the first month of potty training...so many messes.

Eric, Aubrey and I all went to a new dentist. I have gone to the same dentist my entire life. I have only had one cavity, and it was back in 1999. THIS dentist however, looked at me teeth and says "how long has it been since you've been to a dentist?!" I told him a year, then he starts counting my teeth, and tells me that I have TWELVE cavities!!!!! WHAT?!! but that he is only going to fix four of them. If I have twelve cavities, why wouldn't he fix all twelve? Plus, if I had that many cavities, wouldn't at least ONE of my teeth hurt? I do NOT believe him. I am going to my other dentist for x-rays again for a second opinion. I was really disappointed in their office. They didn't have the laser that goes on your gums, they didn't have the swish flouride, etc. They advertise that they have a daycare AT the dentist office, so Mom's don't have to find a babysitter. WRONG! It was just their waiting room, with NOBODY watching the kids, and they kept on bringing Aubrey back to me, all flustered with the fact that she wasn't playing nice, during my cleaning. Then they did Eric's teeth in the same chair as myself, which at our other dentist, they have a separate kids room where there are tv's on the ceiling, video games in front of him, etc. They didn't have one kid thing in the office. The dentist told me that the x-ray doesn't show any cavities for Eric, but that there is one on his back molar. I am going to have my other dentist look at that too. I give the kids a flouride tablet every day, and Eric LOVES to brush his teeth. He probably brushes his teeth 4 times a day, including at daycare. Eric and Aubrey were really good though, Eric let them clean his teeth and put the flouride on. They cleaned Aubrey's teeth, but said she was too young for the flouride treatment.

Bobby is making Aubrey some dresses for her birthday (next week) so I went fabric shopping with her on Friday after we came back from the dentist. It was hectic with 5 kids at the fabric store. Bobby and Nathan were finally able to start working on their house this past Saturday. (they had to put the tar on the foundation).

Zac and I are hosting a St. Patrick's Day party for the kids this Saturday, so Eric helped me make the invites, and pass them out to his friends. Zac really wanted to make homemade rootbeer and dye it green, but the only rootbeer concentrate that I found already had the brown dye in it, so if anybody knows where we can find clear rootbeer concetrate, let us know before Saturday!

Sunday we had a lot of fun teaching our lesson to the Sunbeams. It was "I am thankful for plants, trees and flowers". We bought each of the kids a flower plant (90 cent special at Wal-Mart). We also had them close their eyes, and I would put a fruit/vegetable in their mouth, and they would have to try to guess what it was, etc. We had around 20 different kinds, and they were hilarious to watch. Zac and I were cracking up watching their expressions. The kid that would NOT eat any of the fruit/veges, absolutely LOVED lemons. All of the other Sunbeams immediately spit out the lemon, making horrible faces, etc. The kids were cute. After the parents had gotten the kids after church, we were walking out, and our Sunbeams were showing off their plant to EVERYONE. As soon as we got home, Eric ran up to his room and put his plant on his window sill to make sure that "Heavenly Father's flower stayed alive".

Zac's sister Barb had gotten into an accident awhile back, and Zac finally finished painting the new fender, etc., so Barb and Garrit came over Friday night for Zac to finish putting her car back together. We always enjoy having them over. It's nice for them to come over without watching our kids, then our kids won't be expecting it when we DO end up going out.

For our little lawsuit that's going on with the HOA, Zac has been speaking with some attorneys trying to find one to represent us to file a counterclaim. What we've come to find out is the ones who are excited about representing us are 5 times as expensive as the ones who could give or take our case. Our entire neighborhood wants to go in on the same attorney, but they want Zac to do the leg work to find a great one. So if anybody knows of a good real estate attorney in Utah County, let us know! Zac asked Judge Bullock for a referral, and the guy seems great, but REALLY pricey. That's about it for our week!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Great job on the running - the stroller sounds great!

Barb said...

hey ill pitch in. im always up for contributing to a good cause ;)