I will start this blog by saying that I COMPLETELY forgot to take pictures while Aubrey was opening presents. It was so hectic and rushed, that I didn't even think twice about it until Zac told me that his Dad wanted pictures of her on the blog...I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of it!!!!!! So these pictures were taken on Sunday after church, and the smiles were forced, if you couldn't tell. Aubrey told me that she wanted to give Grandpa Nielson a kiss, so I took a picture of it instead.
Zac went to the dentist again on Friday to discuss his braces. He will only need them on for 9-10 months. The next time he goes in, he will get them put on. His appointment is scheduled for the 3rd week in April, but hopefully an earlier open will become available. I went to a new ob/gyn Friday morning for my "yearly" checkup. I really liked him. Of course, because I was a "new" patient, we had to go through my entire family history. He was very encouraging of our family history. We talked a lot about the BRCA 1 gene. I told him that Mom and I don't have it, but with Mom still getting breast cancer and dying so young, he was very supportive about me having a hysterectomy and mastectomy as soon as I'm done having children. He told me that he doesn't think it was a fluke that Mom got cancer...that probably 15-20 years down the road, they might discover another gene that we would have, etc. It was just really nice to have my paranoia about this whole thing validated. He is starting to have me get an ultrasound every year to make sure my ovaries look healthy, and a mammogram, etc. So I will have my first ultrasound in 2 weeks. (Plus he told me that he thinks I have a cyst behind one of my ovaries, and wants to see exactly how big it is) He is also running the same 1/2 marathon as I am. It was just a good appointment.
As soon as I got back from the doctor's, Zac was home for lunch, so we put a pizza in the oven, and had Aubrey open her presents. Eric was getting jealous, but he would remind us that his birthday is next. I didn't even have a cake for her. (Although we did make cupcakes earlier in the week.) When she opened her Dora doll, she immediately started to brush Dora's hair. One of our neighbors even brought over a present for Aubrey, which was really sweet, I wasn't expecting that at all.
Saturday was pretty laid back. I went running with one of my friends in the morning, and the kids tried to blow bubbles while we were running. The wind made it difficult for them. Zac didn't get home until 3:00 from his school tests. When he got home, I wanted to go to the gym to see exactly how far I could run before feeling exhausted. I only did 3 miles in the morning with my friend, and we mostly walked it because her ankle was hurting her. I haven't done any runs on the treadmill yet. I have been mapping out my runs on http://www.mapmyrun.com to see exactly how far I run. I had no idea that the treadmill will automatically turn itself off after 1 hour. I was really annoyed. I only had 1/4 mile left for 7 miles, and it turned off. I could have made it too, but by the time it turned off and on and me re-entering my info in the treadmill, I could feel the effect the run had, and I just couldn't do another 1/4 mile. I need to run a little bit faster next time to make it within the hour.
It was our weekend for the "date" night, so our friends came over to watch the kids while Zac and I went out. We had gotten tickets for the movie "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock. Definitely not a movie I would recommend to go to the theater. Maybe a rental, but don't waste your money. The Thanksgiving Point movie theater has reserved seating which is wonderful if you buy your tickets early enough. We reserved our favorite seats on Friday, and when we went Saturday night, our friends were really late coming over to babysit, so we made it to the movie exactly 1 minute before it started, and our seat was still available. It was so nice not to have to go to the theater 1 hour before the movie starts to w
ait in line to attempt to get these seats.
Sunday was easy going as well. Our lesson in church went well, and all of the kids fish had died except for one. She told us that they never even got fish food for it, they have been feeding it crumbled up crackers. I guess that's the key to keeping these fish alive. We had our 3rd fish die this morning...we only have one left. I guess that's what you get for buying 10 cent fish. We went to Dad's for Sunday dinner, and stopped in to see Zac's Mom after dinner. Zac's co-worker lives on a farm, and she gave Zac some fresh eggs. So Zac ended up making cheesecake last night with these eggs. I couldn't believe how orange the yolks of the eggs were. We will sample it tonight.

4 comments:
Hey Heather-
There is this dude at my school who teaches a marathon training class. He says to check out "Marathon You Can Do It" By Jeff Galloway. I am no marathon runner, but I looked at it and it seemed helpful and simple. Good luck in your training, thats awesome!
Rachel
P.S. Aubrey is soooo cute!
Keep up the training. It is good to see a doctor and talk about all that stuff. You can never be too careful.
Rachel that's great they are teaching to use Jeff Galloway's training guide, because I AM!! I am doing his 17 week 1/2 marathon training guide, and it makes a 1/2 marathon seem like a reality.
Post a Comment