Monday, March 19, 2007

St. Patrick's Day











We hosted a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday. We had a little over 30 people show up...which was more than what we expected. Saturday morning I woke up with a fever of 102.5. Zac had to go take a test in the morning, and Eric had a birthday party to go to. So I took some tylenol and headed to Chuck E Cheese with the kids. I could not believe how many kids were at Chuck E Cheese! Eric had a great time with his friends though. By the time we got back, we needed to get ready for the St. Patrick's Day party. Because I was still somewhat sick, Zac made the food for me. He got right in and started rolling out the cookie dough for the sugar cookies, cutting up the fruits and veges, etc. Then he started cleaning the house with me. He even drew the "treasure map" for the kids to find the pot of gold. Our house was very hectic during the party. Tucker was so funny during the treaure hunt. He looked at the map, and found where the pot of gold was and went straight for it, instead of going to the other locations first. (Which we had a little toy at each location). Our ward ended up having a St. Patricks Day party also, so we had to hurry and have all the activities done within an hour so people could go to both. The kids had a lot of fun. After the games, we were all socializing in the house, then Zac went outside and started up his Mustang and all the guys ran outside. I had to laugh because after the Mustang had started, the guys all sat in the garage and talked. It wasn't "manly" to talk inside the house, but as long as they are in a garage, it's okay.
Our lesson in church this week was "I am thankful for fish". So Zac went to Wal-Mart and bought 10 cent goldfish to give one to each of the Sunbeams. The parents were either thrilled or gave us a look that could kill. Especially the dad with twin girls...he got 2 fish.
Zac took the first step on Friday for him to get braces. He went and got the plaster of his teeth made. He goes back this Friday to talk about his "mold of teeth" and where to go from here. One benefit of me working is my dental insurance is wonderful, and Zac has dental insurance also. Zac finally decided it was time for him to get braces.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Looks like a great party. I hope your feeling better. Zac with braces? that is a picture I will have to see