So Lisa has inspired me to run in a 1/2 marathon. I signed up for the Provo River Trail 1/2 marathon set for Aug. 11th. I will begin my marathon training in April. I am really excited for this marathon. It starts at South Fork Canyon (my absolute favorite park in Provo Canyon), we run past Bridal Veil Falls, and end at one of the parks in Provo. We stay on the river trail the entire way. This is what website describes the run as:
This is the most beautiful run down South Fork Canyon with the most spectacular view of Mt.Timpanogos, then running down a fully paved river trail in a tunnel of trees on a cool August morning. Its an easy down hill. You start at 6,000 ft. and gradually work your way down to 4700 ft., to a food feast at the end with all kinds of fruit, food, music and drinks Blues band we will have 1/2 and 5 mile run From Bridal Veil falls this year. We finish at Riverview park, that is 4800 n. and the Provo River. At the park you can soak your feet in the river, listen to blues band while eating pancakes & fruit. See you there.
If anybody is wanting to join in the run, you will need to register now at http://www.trailrun.com it is going to be a lot of fun!
Tuesday, March 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
My friends want me to do a 10K the end of this month, but it's not going to happen! Coincidentally, Lisa is coming to VA to run it! I think I'll have to start small with a 5K. Good luck!
Sounds like an amazing run - hmmmm tempting.....
Post a Comment