Monday, October 16, 2006

We got a car!

We ended up getting a new car. Zac came to my work the day the car broke down, and he somehow was able to get the car started. He drove it home, and we started looking for new cars. We found out that our car needed a water pump, so Zac got it replaced, so that the car would drive well for us to trade it in to the car dealership. We got a 2006 Chevy Impala. Zac was able to talk the salesman down $7000 off the listed price, and then we traded our car in for $3000 so we got a pretty good deal! It is so nice to drive a reliable car!

Life has been too busy lately to post. Last Tuesday is when Zac finally got the car, and I had Young Women's that night. Wednesday I ended up going to that US Marshal's house, the one who told me that he loved me, for scrapbook night. Small world. My really good friend hosts a scrapbook club, and she was having her kitchen remodeled, so she was having it at her friends house last week, which is the US Marshal's house. It was a little weird at first, but I made him watch Eric and Aubrey. On Thursday, I had volleyball and a "modbod' party to go to. We are starting the tournament next week. So far, we have won all of our games, so hopefully we can keep this trend up. Thursday during work was Brett Tolman's swearing in ceremony to U.S. Attorney. It was a really big deal. There were news cameras everywhere. Sen. Hatch spoke along with several of my co-workers. Apparently Brett is really good friends with Jenna Elfman (she is an actress, she played Dharma on the tv show Dharma & Greg). I sat by her during the reception. She was extremely nice. She is TINY though. She is the same heighth as me, but probably only weighs 95 - 100 pounds.

Friday I had to baby-sit our neighbors son the entire day. (I didn't know it at the time, it was only suppose to be for about an hour) Kind of frustrating, because Eric and Aubrey took a 4 hour nap at THE SAME TIME! Which never happens. It is a rare occassion that Eric even takes a nap. BUT, I couldn't do anything with that free time because I had to watch the 15 month old boy, who is EXTREMELY clingy.

We finally got a family picture with Aubrey in it on Saturday. I know it's horrible that we haven't done a professional picture yet. Our really good friends sister is a professional photographer, and she met us in Provo Canyon. Her favorites are the candid shots. She had the kids playing around everywhere. Hopefully they turn out good. Aubrey was a little pill though when it came to "posing" for the family picture. She absolutely refused to look at the camera. At the end of the shoot, the photographer told Eric that he is one of the most handsome little boys she has seen, then she turns to Aubrey and told her that Aubrey is Sassy. The photographer will make a CD with all of our pictures on it, and we can print what ones we like. She ended up taking close to 250 pictures. Then, she also makes a video with our pictures to music. She did all of this for only $50!!! We have seen her work on several of our friends families, and she takes wonderful pictures. We couldn't ask for a better price. At kiddie kandids you would wait for 2 + hours to take the picture, then have to spend $15 a sheet! It is crazy how expensive pictures can be. Zac has a REALLY hard time spending any money on pictures, because he always got them for free from his Dad.

Eric is such a sweet talker. Sunday morning at around 6:30 am, Eric came over to my side of the bed. He wanted me to get up and play with him. I told him to go wake up his Dad and play with him. Eric then said, "No, I don't want to play with daddy. I want to play with you." I asked him why, then he said, "Because Mommy, you are my best friend!" I had to get up after that. I have been horrible at taking pictures lately. We should be getting our family pictures back soon, and I will post a bunch of those. I will also recruit the help of Zac to get some pictures of the kids.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Hooray for a new car! You sat next to Jenna Elfman - how cool!