Monday, October 30, 2006

A Halloween Weekend!

Hopefully this blog publishes this time. I loaded on all the pics and wrote everything, then it did a "time out" and wouldn't let me publish. So here is my second attempt at loading the pictures and re-writing everything. So on Friday Zac started the sprinkler system. He rented a trencher to dig the lines, and was able to get that finished in the morning. But, who knew that we had so much garbage in our dirt? Apparently the builders just threw their garbage on our property, and then would bury it instead of picking it up. I could not believe the stuff that Zac was pulling out. Eric was really excited to help daddy in the yard. When he saw Zac with a shovel, Eric had to run inside and grab his toy shovel. Aubrey just enjoyed seeing how dirty she could get. She would sit in the trenches and watch everybody work.





Friday night we had our Halloween party at our friends house. Eric had so much fun. They played put the sticker on the pumpkin, and Eric came in second place. Zac thought that the first place kid cheated. hahaha Zac is so competitive. Then the kids tried to see how many baskets they could make in the hoop, and Eric won that game. Last but not least, they had a witch pinata. Eric had a blast to be able to hit something as hard as he could with a bat. He had no idea that candy was inside the witch. When the pinata finally broke and the candy spilled out everywhere, he squealed and started to fill his bag as full as he could get it with candy. He told me the next morning that he dreamed about picking up candy. I won the best adult costume, and I got.......candy. :) On Saturday night our ward had it's trunk or treat. Eric got the hang of things really quick. He was running from car to car trying to get as much candy as possible. He kept on going to these 3 people because he liked the candy that they were giving out. They finally had to tell him that they wouldn't give him anymore.



For an update on our HOA drama. We found out that our neighbor just got a promotion to be in charge of the HOA. This makes a lot of sense of why we are all getting hit with the fees now. He is trying to look good. I contacted the Title company, loan officer, city, builder, builder's agent, etc. and found out that we are not on the HOA according to all of their records. I had them all draft letters stating that we are not a part of the HOA. I pulled our Deed of Trust, and there is a spot on it to mark a "X" if we are part of a planned community, and it is not marked. We got our entire neighborhood fighting this, except for the neighbor that turned us in. I am having everybody else get their paperwork lined up, then we are turning over all of our claims at the same time to the HOA attorney. We have a really good case, and I really think that we will win this. I have enough evidence stating that we are NOT part of it, that I don't see how they CAN argue that we are part of it.

2 comments:

Christen said...

Heather, your costume is awesome!! I didn't even recognize you. Happy Halloween!

Lisa said...

Great Costumes! I don't think I have ever seen Zack so HUGE! ;)