Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Horrible Luck!
As many of you know, we have had problems this summer with our car overheating. After the big Idaho overheat at the Lovell Reunion, Zac put in a new thermostat, took it into the shop and had the radiator flushed, new transmission oil, etc. It was working fine....although I never turned on the a/c. On Sunday on our way up to Zac's Aunt's house, Zac decided to turn on the a/c just to see what it would do. The car started to overheat almost immediately. So we turn the heaters on full blast, etc., and the temperature went back to normal. We didn't drive the car until yesterday when I took it to work. On my way to work it started to overheat, so I turned the heater on full blast, and the temperature went down. The same thing when I came home last night. But this morning, the car did the same thing, and it was fine until I got off on the 900 south exit in SLC. I had to stop at the 800 S stoplight to turn left. The needle was buried in the Hot section, and the check engine light came on. I was able to make it one more block to the day care and pull in. After I got the kids situated inside eating breakfast, I came out and the car will not start. Luckily, 2 girls from my work take their kids to the same daycare, so I just waited for one of them to come, and caught a ride to work. The problem is, how am I going to get home tonight with the kids?!!! Zac has school that starts at 4 and he usually doesn't get home until 10-10:30ish. If we were to take the bus, the furthest it goes is Lehi. There isn't a bus that will go to Eagle Mountain. Zac is on his way up to the daycare to check out the car himself, but if the engine has blown out, what's the point. We need to get a new car. So now, the other question. How in the world am I getting to work tomorrow? What a nightmare!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I want to know how the story ends. If I made up my own ending, you would sell you car for a bottle of that marshmellow creamy stuff, then you would use craigs list, and trade up until you got your new car.
Post a Comment