Sunday, June 03, 2012

Eric turns nine!

Eric had his ninth birthday on May 23rd.  Our kids rotate every other year between a birthday party and dates with Mom and Dad.  Eric had a party last year, so this year was his date.  For his Mom date he wanted to go to Planet Play.  I found a deal online for $50 of arcade money for only $25. 
We ate at the buffet before we headed out to the arcades.  Eric got salad and pasta.  The salad dressing was gross, so I went back to the buffet for a slice of pizza.  I told Eric he could get some pizza if he wanted and he looked at me in disbelief.  "I haven't finished all of my food yet!"  I told him that it was okay and he said, "But Dad gets really really mad if we waste food!"  I told him that it was his birthday and he can get something different without finishing what he already got.  "I don't want Dad to get mad.  I will finish my food first."   My goodness! 
He tried to get as many tickets as possible.  He really wanted to get a good prize this time.
We went on a Monday night and they had free activities with a purchase of a buffet.  So Eric wanted to try some mini-golf.
Eric hopped up into this cutout and told me to take his picture.  I told him it was a woman, and he looked at me like it was obvious then said, "that's why I want a picture."
 
Throughout the night Eric was telling jokes.  He would be all serious, playing a game, and not even look up and say, "Mom, what state has the largest pencil? - Pennsylvania."  "Mom, why do doctors get mad? - Because they lose their patients."  These jokes wouldn't be one right after another.  They were about 10 minutes apart so I wasn't expecting a joke.  I thought they were serious questions when he asked me, and then he would hit me with the punch line.  We had a great date.
Eric wanted Zac to make homemade cheesecake for his birthday cake. Eric had a baseball game the night of his birthday, so he didn't get to open his presents and eat cake until 8:30 pm.  Dad and Diane were able to make it to both his game and presents and cake.
Eric was really excited for his baseball bat.
Eric received a package from Grandpa Nielson in the mail.  He was so excited.  Zac let him stay up late and build both lego sets before bed. 

For Eric's Dad date, Zac is going to take him shooting.  Eric got 2 boxes of clay pigeons from Santa and he hasn't used any of them yet.  His date got postponed though due to a cat bite.  (I will post about this in another post.)  Before we knew about the postponing, I told Zac that he really needs to spoil Eric, since it's a birthday date.  Zac turned to me and said, "I know.  We'll stop at the gas station and I'll let him get a fountain drink."  Wow.  I'm glad I get to spoil them separately.  Our definitions of spoiling are completely different.

1 comment:

Bobby Sue said...

Glad he wasn't to sad about the other place. :)