I registered for the St. George Lottery on April 1st, thinking that in 3 years I will run it. (If you register for 2 years in a row, and don't get selected, then the third year is a guaranteed spot.) After I registered, my Step-Sister Amy told me that 1st time runners have a better chance. Crap. The lottery results were posted on May 14th in the evening. I went to the website and looked up my name and it stated that I wasn't selected. I was disappointed. I ran the next morning and had an amazing run. I was even more disappointed. Tuesday morning, I went to work. My forfeiture attorney got selected, so he was all excited. I told him I didn't get in. Then I went to my e-mail and saw this:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
We would like to congratulate you on being one of 7400 runners selected for the 2012 St George Marathon. We will be hosting runners from all 50 states and 18 countries. We would like to thank you for your interest in our event and we look forward to seeing each of you cross the finish line Saturday October 6th!
What?!! How could that be? Then my attorney told me that if I registered with a middle initial, I had to enter it. So I entered in Heather K Nielson, and up popped this:
Zac's 1st remark, "I wonder what kind of swag they will have at this race." Really? Oh Zac.
No comments:
Post a Comment