Lily turned 2 weeks old on Monday. Lisa was able to come down from Idaho and take some pictures of her last Sunday. I have posted some of my favorites that she took. My brother-in-law Matt is here visiting from Guam and he touched them up with photoshop for me. Zac's Grandpa Dearstyne passed away a week ago. His funeral was in Connecticut. Matt was able to fly to Connecticut to attend the funeral, and on his way back to Guam he decided to break up the flight by hanging out with us for the week.
Lily's 2 week stats are as follows:
Length: 21 inches - 75% (She grew an inch)
Weight: 7 lb 13 oz - 33% (She gain 4 oz)
Head circ: 35 cm - 21 %
This appointment was also Jennifer's 2 year old appointment. Her stats are as follows:
Length: 37 1/4 inches - 99%
Weight: 29 lb 8 oz - 83%
Head Circ: 47 cm - 41%
When we brought Lily home, I couldn't believe how big Jennifer's head looked. Glad to know that she is a little "below average" on her head size because it looks HUGE to me! Right now Zac is holding Lily. Jennifer just came into the room and started crying/screaming, "NO! My dad!" Out of all the kids she is having the hardest time adjusting to our new addition. She has also definitely hit her terrible two's with full stride. If we take our eyes off her for 2 seconds she is into something.
I forgot to post pics of Lily's last day in the hospital, so that is what these pictures are from.
Eric started school this week. He has Mrs. Bean for 2nd grade. His friend from across the street is in his class, so he was really excited. So far the week went well. Aubrey doesn't start Kindergarten until Wednesday. She has Mrs. Earl. We went in for her Kindergarten assessment and Mrs. Earl was telling us that Aubrey would have to read the list that she had in order to move onto 1st grade. Aubrey looked at the list and started reading all the words! She is SO EXCITED to go to school. Hopefully it won't be too slow for her since she has already accomplished what she needs to move onto 1st grade.
Lisa was able to win tickets to the Five-for-Fighting concert on Wednesday. Zac was willing to watch Lily for me so I could go. It was fantastic! We thought that it was at the Energy Solutions Arena. So Matt and I parked at my work and took Trax a couple blocks over. Justin and Lisa were waiting for us at the Steakhouse in the Gateway. The concert was in the restaurant! We walked in and it was catered, we sat at a table and there were only about 20 people there. It was a private acoustic concert! I felt like I was at a MTV Unplugged episode. He talked with all of us, answering questions, signing autographs, taking pictures, etc. If I would have known that's what this was, I would have definitely "primped" up a little bit. I was thinking we were going to be around thousands of people at the Energy Solutions Arena.
So Zac decided that while on paternity leave, he is going to grow a beard. He wanted me to post a pic of his beard. This is after 2 weeks of growing it out. I hate facial hair - I don't know why, I just do. He shaved it off on Monday - YAY! So far this paternity leave Zac has: planted 6 trees; order 4 tons of gravel and put them around the trees and garden; took the garden down and rototilled it; faced the retaining wall; stained our neighbors fence; and dug out under the deck for a "new room". And he feels like he hasn't done anything this entire time home. in addition he has taken the kids to the movies, and helped around the house. He goes back to work the day after Labor Day. Time has seriously flown by. He and I both thought that he would be going crazy being at home for a month, but it feels like it has only been a week! There is still so much to do around the house/yard.
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






8 comments:
I grew my beard during paternity leave too. When I came back to work, lots of my co-workers asked if the beard was for religious reasons. Many grew up in East India, and I guess it is a tradition with some sects that the father cannot shave for several weeks after a birth. :)
Hooray ...the pictures turned out great! Thanks for coming to Five for Fighting with me!!
Okay, just had to say that I loved Chad's comment!
Love her pictures!!! Thad had Mrs. Earl and she is amazing! She will work with Aubrey to say busy and ahead! Aubrey is so smart! and poor Jennifer having to share her Daddy for the first time! :)
LOVE LOVE LOVE the pictures. I especially like the first one with the beautiful lillies - how appropriate. Good job Lisa on the pictures and Congrats again Heather and Zac.
WOW! Those pictures are fantastic! What a beauty!
The pictures of Lily are amazing! Great job! I'm positive that you guys don't know how to RELAX!! Let us know if we can do anything for you!
Lily is so pretty! I hope life with 4 is going smoothly for you. I'm sure it is since you make everything look easy! :) Congrats again!
Lily is so beautiful, Heather! Congratulations!!! Glad everything is going well. Joe will be jealous that Zac got to grow a beard! He dreams of doing it too one day:)
Post a Comment