So I finally got the battery recharged in my camera, went to take a picture and the camera slipped out and dropped on the kitchen floor. I completely broke it! Zac took it to work to try to fix it, but apparently when it fell, it stripped some gears out of it, and it won't turn on...oh no! I am having a hard time with this! I have already missed some monumental moments with Jennifer rolling over, Eric's first day of school, etc.
This past week I made salsa. I wasn't planning on canning at all this summer because of Jennifer. Dad told me that he had some tomatoes, I said I would take some home. I asked Zac to put them in the car. When we got home, I had Zac bring them into the house and he brings in four big bags of tomatoes. I couldn't believe it, then Zac goes, "I'm not done." He comes back into the house with two more bags! I had no idea that I was getting that many tomatoes! I hated to see them go to waste, so I decided to make some more salsa. I have a lot of onions and jalapenos in my garden, so we put them to use. I ended up making 40 pints of salsa. However, for SOME REASON while I was doing the water bath, I had FIVE jars burst on me! I have no idea why! When I put the salsa into the pints, the salsa was boiling, (like it's suppose to), and I put them straight into the boiling water bath, so I didn't really have a variation of temperature...I am really baffled as to why five of them broke.
So my neighbor/friend is a registered dietician and works with personal trainers. They are having a contest right now for the "biggest loser" to win $10,000, so I signed up. Since I just had a baby, I'm hoping I have a pretty good shot. It's not just based on weight, but fat percentage as well. Even if I don't win, it's a great excuse to have a personal trainer and get back in shape! I was in the best shape this pregnancy. I was doing four miles every day up until 5 days before I had Jennifer. So I'm not really too out of shape, but with this being my third baby, I'm just not losing the weight as fast as my first two kids. So I will meet with my personal trainer doing a "body bootcamp" 5 days a week for an hour a day, then I will do my own personal cardio for an hour a day as well. My friend is giving every participant diets according to the individual person, etc. I am really excited about it. I'm mainly excited to learn new exercises to help reach my goals. This contest starts next Monday, and will go through December. When I go back to work, they have the option of meeting at night as well to workout, so I can still keep it up.
Again, I'm disappointed about the camera, I really need to take some pictures of Jennifer. Maybe I will borrow Dad's camera occasionally. :)
Monday, September 08, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
so sorry about you camera! The bootcamp class sounds so much fun!!! Good luck!
Post a Comment