Saturday, February 02, 2008

Baby No. 3

It's true. You may have heard the rumors. We are having Baby No. 3 on August 8th. How do I know? The doctor has already scheduled me for induction on that date (unless it comes earlier, which I am not counting on, my babies are always LATE!) Back when I didn't know I was pregnant, Aubrey jumped on me while I was laying down and Eric screamed, "Aubrey! You're going to squish the baby!" I told him, "Eric, Mommy doesn't have a baby in her belly." He would comment to me several times after that, "Mommy, your baby grew a lot last night!" etc. I was starting to get a little upset. I didn't want him going around telling people that I'm pregnant when I'm not. But, sure enough, I finally took a test after being almost 2 weeks late, and it immediately came back that I'm pregnant. I just gasped and Eric said, "what mommy?" I said, "You're right Eric, I DO have a baby in my belly." Then he said, "No mommy, you have TWO babies in your belly." So I have been just a little concerned that I might have 2. It would be shocking considering that twins don't run in either of our families, I wasn't on fertility drugs, etc. But reading into it, there is about a 1 in 85 chance that you have twins without having those other factors. I finally heard the heartbeat, and THANK GOODNESS there is only ONE baby. :) Unfortunately the doctor's office only takes one ultrasound, so I don't get any early pics of the baby. I will have my ultrasound in March to find out the gender, etc.

I have been SO SICK. I think I forgot how sick I get. I throw up at least 2 times a day on a good day, on average about 8-9 times a day. Dad was able to find some of Mom's zofran, and I take that during work hours, but I try not to take anything at night or on the weekends. If you are one of the lucky ones that don't even feel quesy during pregnancy, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT!!!!! I am trying my darnest to NOT throw up all over you while you are gloating about how amazing your pregnancies are.

Zac dropped a headstone on his hand on Friday and broke 2 of his fingers really bad. It completely smashed his ring finger, it looks nasty, so I will not post pictures for the squeamish. It is his right hand also, so he is learning how to do things differently. The doctor told him it would take about 5-6 months to heal. That seems like a LONG time for some fingers! He is doing alright, he even took a contract law test later that night and scored a 100% while taking percocet. That's about it for us this week!

4 comments:

FitzSimmons Times said...

Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! Zofran is totally my friend during pregnancy as well. I hope it gets better for you!
-Brooke

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I had not heard any rumors, so this was a really exciting surprise! I hope you feel better sooner rather than later:) Tammi

Christen said...

I hadn't heard any rumors either, but CONGRATULATIONS!! So exciting. I hope you feel better soon, too... and keep cool during those long Summer months!

Lisa said...

Yeah! It is out. I almost spilled the beans at dinner last month when they were anouncing pregnancies- but I was good :). HOORAY!! CONGRATS!!