Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Endeavor

So along with my new federal job, I got a call from EOUSA (Headquarters in Washington D.C.) asking me if I would join a working group. They told me that they consider me an expert in the field of asset forfeiture, and would like me to train around the nation. I would also being writing manuals and attending meetings twice a year with the other 5 members of this group. After getting more info from them, I decided that I couldn't pass up this opportunity. It is great experience and huge networking for my career and Zac's future career. I will be going to D.C. a lot to train and get to be in some important meetings. I hated to ask this, but I needed to know what the bare minimum I was required to do, since I am having a baby in August. The bare minimum is attending two meetings and train at least once in the year. So they are letting me do the bare minimum for this year (and hopefully next) before I really get into this. It is a HUGE compliment to me to only be doing asset forfeiture for three years, and have them consider me an expert. I talked to my office about it, and they were thrilled, especially my asset forfeiture attorney. Hopefully it will work out for the best. :)

So Aubrey had a little bladder infection a couple weeks ago, so I got her on some antibiotics. She broke out into a terrible rash, fever, etc. It was on a Saturday, so I took her down to an Instacare by our house, and 5 hours later discovered that she is allergic to her antibiotic. She is better now, but she sure did not feel good.

We signed Eric up for T-Ball starting in April. He is really excited, he tells pretty much everyone he sees that he is playing T-Ball in the Spring. I am definitely ready for Spring. I went with Dad to the garden nursery and bought all my seeds for my garden and a roto-tiller. I will have some top soil delivered to my house as soon as this darn snow melts and my ground is dry. Every day when I get home I get a little excited to see that the snow has melted some more. I started grow some herbs indoors, and the kids wanted in on the fun, so I let them start some watermelon and sunflowers indoors.

Zac is getting closer on the basement. We went to Lowes to grab the rest of the wood and a pocket door kit, and they had 80 lb bags of cement on sale. We need 100 bags for our retaining wall. So we inquired a little more, and come to find out, the bags that were outside were only 50 cents!!!! They were originally ten dollar bags. What a steal! Zac was able to load up the truck, but we had to do a couple loads to get the cement. The bags did have little rips on the top, etc., but we were able to stack thems to that nothing leaked out.

2 comments:

Tammi said...

Congrats on the call from DC and the great buy on cement! Larkin and David both had similar experiences with medicine. However, they are allergic to opposite antibiotics! That made for some interesting childhood illnesses.

Lisa said...

Yeah! They are allowing you to do it!!! HOORAY! That is so awesome! Congrats!!!