Thursday, February 14, 2008

STRANDED

This was the worst commute I have ever experienced in my life. I couldn't even make it home. They closed EVERY road going into Eagle Mountain!! Nobody could go in or out of the city. Zac went home at 3:00 yesterday, and said it was horrendous, then he attempted to go to school an hour later, and couldn't! There were tons of accidents, and they completely shut everything down. My work let us out early also, however, I decided to stay to try to wait out the storm. I stayed till 5:00, but the news was saying there was another 2 good hours of this. It took me 3 hours to get to the point of the mountain, by which point they still hadn't opened up the roads to Eagle Mountain, so I called Dad and told him we were heading his way. He finally made it down to Dad's around 9 ish and the kids were SO READY to get out of that car. I had Eric complaining for the past hour about him needing to go potty, but there was absolutley no where to stop! So we spent the night at Dad's (thank goodness I HAD a place to go!), and we heard that they finally opened up the road at 1 am but only for a moment. I woke up at 4:30 this morning, and the news said that it was STILL closed! So I couldn't even run home this morning to change. It's going to be a great day! :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

so sorry!!! that is horrible! ugh!