Wednesday, January 02, 2008

A brand new year

What a busy Christmas! We started it off by having Zac's Dad, brother, sister and her boyfriend stay with us to celebrate Christmas. Zac's brother Matt is being deployed to Qatar in a couple weeks. The kids were OUT OF CONTROL the entire time Zac's family was here! I think they could feel the excitement of Christmas in the air. They definitely got spoiled this year for Christmas. I think they got every toy they ever wanted (except for a flute and a toy bunny which they surprised us with that on Christmas Eve while sitting on Santa's lap). I think I over did it while everyone was out, because as soon as I got back to work, I immediately started to have the fever chills, etc. I was sick with a cold before they came out and it never went away. So I have laid around the house this entire holiday weekend. It was actually really nice to not HAVE to move. :) Zac kept the kids away from me for most of the time.

I just want to extend a special thank you to Zac's family. They all have finally made him see the light of how much of a PACK RAT Zac is! All weekend he was cleaning out the basement, and we have a good truckload to take to D.I. and several to the garbage. Then Barb called and let us know that she was hoping to move to our house in April. So now, Zac is REALLY pushing on getting this basement finished! HURRAY! I have told him so many times about his horrible pack rat habit, but until he heard it from his family, it didn't sink in.

Work has been pretty laid back. I was suppose to be doing a big trial this week, but I just found out that the defendant decided to plead! YES! Zac is wrapping up the loose strings on his law school applications. GET THOSE IN!!!!

On a side note...I am SO GLAD we didn't go to the cabin this year. Sorry for those who did. I heard that the sledding was great though. ;) Also - I saved pics from Barb's blog from Christmas, but for some reason the only one the will show up is Aubrey's picture....

1 comment:

Barb said...

If anyone wants to see a couple more go to http://barbaratheone.blogspot.com/