Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Temple Square

After work last night Zac and I took the kids up to Temple Square to look at the lights. As most of you know, Eric is obsessed with trains. So we parked at my work and took Trax for 1 1/2 blocks so that Eric could ride on the "train". He was SO excited. He had a smile plastered on his face the entire ride. The lights were absolutley beautiful. Aubrey thought the temple was Cinderella's castle. We went into the vistor's center and saw the Christus. I have to say I absolutely LOVE the innocence of little children. As pretty much everybody who reads this blog knows, that there are murals of Jesus' life on the walls as you walk up to see the Christus. Eric was just looking at it and stopped at the one where Jesus is being crucified. He just stared. Then we made our way up to the Christus and he was really confused as to why Jesus had holes in his hands and feet. I explained it to him, and he took off running back down to the mural of the crucifixition. He looked at me and said, "Why were they so mean to Jesus? I love him SO much!" He just stared again at the picture while I was talking to him. This morning during prayers he thanked Heavenly Father for Jesus to not feel the pain of the nails anymore.

After Temple Square, we let the kids ride TRAX again back to my work, and then headed up to the Pie Pizzeria. They were extremely good the entire night, even with it being SO COLD.

No comments: