This past week I was again in Columbia, South Carolina. This week went better than the one before. The group of people I was with this time were some friends I have made while attending other trainings/seminars. I met my "counterpart" in Las Vegas, and it turns out that she just ran the SLC 1/2 marathon, so we would go running in the mornings. Then while everybody else at
the place would be at the wine tasting, we decided to go kayaking down the river. We had a great time! I even passed one alligator in the river. We went for 3 hours down the river. They had turtles on every rock that we would pass. Everybody kept on hopping in the river to swim when we would stop for a moment. I was the only one who wouldn't get in the river. But my reason for it, is that I was flying out the next morning, so I didn't want to have soaking wet clothes. (I obviously didn't bring a swimsuit) the guides kept on trying to splash me with water, etc., but at least my legs were dry. Then the rain started coming down really hard, so we had to end our trip early. As I was getting out of the kayak, my leg got caught, and I flipped the boat and myself completely under water. Everybody was laughing so hard. I should have just gotten in the water earlier in
the trip. Now at the very end, I am soaking wet, my shoes squish as I walk, etc. But it was a great trip. I will definitely go kayaking again next time I am in South Carolina. Zac had an easier week with the kids too. Bobby took some pictures of the kids at their first "official" sleepover at my Dad's. She said that they stayed up until 10:30pm, and everytime she would leave the room, the kids would start giggling. So Bobby had to sit in the room with the kids until they all fell asleep. They had a great time though! Eric keeps on asking me if he can sleepover at Grandpa's again with Tucker and Thad.
I flew home on Friday night again, and came home to a full yard of grass! When I called Zac on my layover in Cincinatti, he told me that the sod hadn't come yet. So I was extremely surprised (and relieved) that the sod had come, and it was completely put in. It didn't come until 6 pm, and I got home at 7:30 pm. Nathan and Bobby happened to drive by right when Zac started to lay the sod, so instead of working on their house on Friday night, they both helped lay sod. We also had one of our neighbors run over and help. It's amazing how fast things get done when you have help. Zac just has a REALLY hard time asking people for help. But it looks great! I told Zac I wouldn't take a picture of it though until he cleaned off the sidewalks. (They have piles of rocks on them, with extra sod, etc.)
Now that we have grass, we needed to turn on the sprinkler system. It rained all day Friday and Saturday, so we didn't turn it on until Sunday night. Zac asked me to go and turn the water on in the cold storage, when I turned it over, water started spraying everywhere! Two of the joints where Zac had welding had popped. So I turned the water off, but it wasn't stopping until the lines were completely clear. So we mopped up the cold storage, moved some food storage out of the way, and Zac brought out his blow torch. He was working for about an hour, when our neighbor came over with HIS blowtorch, and they both got to work. By this time, the kids were already asleep. We had opened the windows in the basement, but the smoke alarms kept on going off. So I would have to calm the kids down, then as soon as they were asleep again, the alarms knew to go off and wake them up again. We ended up having to turn off all the power except for the basement. I wandered up to bed in the dark, and Zac didn't finish until
about 11 pm.
I'm glad to be home, but I am so behind on my work! Aubrey is definitely a daddy's girl now. She wants him to hold her all the time. She won't go to sleep unless Zac is holding her. I'm glad Zac got some "bonding" time with the kids. Now it's time for me to get back into the routine!

No comments:
Post a Comment