Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Eric's Birthday Weekend - Part One


Eric's birthday isn't until tomorrow, May 23rd, but because Zac has school on his birthday, we decided to celebrate it on the weekend. I forgot to schedule ahead at the mini-golf place, and they wouldn't take my reservation for a birthday party, so we did a small birthday party for Eric at our house. Basically we just had birthday cake and ice cream for Eric, and he opened presents. I didn't have any games planned, etc. So we had a few of our neighbors come over on Saturday. Eric is really into "Thomas the Train", so that was our "theme" for the party. I let Eric pick the cake out, etc. The train actually rides around on the cake. Eric sat and stared at the cake until his friends came over. He couldn't wait to eat it. We got Eric some more trains, and his big present was the bike. Eric first opened up the bike helmet, knee pads, and elbow pads. Eric looked at them really confused. I asked him why would he need all of those. He said "I don't know, I don't even HAVE a bike." Right then, Zac brought out the bike for Eric and he freaked out! He was jumping up and down, and his friends were jumping up and down. It was so great! He tried to put on the gear as fast as he could, and he took off with his friend Zack. Eric's not too skilled on the stopping thing yet. We need to work with him on the brakes. His really "big" present will take place this Saturday, but he doesn't know it yet. The Heeber Creeper train is going to be transformed to "Thomas the Train" for this week only. So we got tickets for us, and Nathan & Bobby got tickets for Tucker and Thad. They have no idea. Eric is going to be so excited. Every time he sees a train, he tells us that he needs a ticket. It will be about an hour ride on "Thomas". This Friday night, Eric is having a birthday slumber party with Tucker and Thad also, then we will head up to Heber the next day.










Zac, Devin and I went to see Cracker in concert on Friday night. It was held at Club Suede in Park City. My co-worker's boyfriend was the opening band, so they were going to get us VIP BackStage passes. The show was suppose to start at 8pm, but the opening band didn't even start until 10pm. When we got there, we went and hung out with the opening band while they were downing some pizza before the show, but there wasn't really a "backstage" to hang out at. After they played their hour set, Cracker got on. They were awesome! They played for over 2 hours nonstop! By the time we got out of the club it was almost 2:30 am. Devin turns to us while we were at the club and asks us if we've seen any keys. We say "no" and he then shows us the monster hole in his pocket. So after the show, we are looking for his keys, but couldn't find them, so we took off in our truck. (We met at the Orem "park and ride" and left Devin's truck there, and he rode with us to Park City) So when we got back down to Orem, we still couldn't see any keys on the ground, but Devin looks through the window in the truck, and they are in the ignition. The doors are locked, but one of the windows is cracked, so Zac pulls out some wire from our truck, and was able to loop the wire through the key ring, and actually pull the keys out of the ignition through the window. We start to take off, when Devin flags us down, the batteries dead, and neither one of us has jumper cables. So, Zac decides to have us push the truck, and have Devin pop the clutch when Zac tells him to. By this time, it is starting to rain. So Zac and I push the truck up and down the parking lot, with no luck. So we push it back into a parking stall, and take Devin back to Provo. By this time, it is 3:30am. After we drop him off, we head home to Eagle Mtn. We didn't get home until 4:00am ish. (Sorry again Barb! We told her we would be home around 12am-1 am) Dad and Devin were able to get the truck back the next day, but it was a long night. One of the best concerts I've been to though.


Friday morning I ran 7 miles, then took the kids down to Bobby's while I went to my hair appointment. The kids had so much fun. Bobby got out all the water toys, and let the kids go wild out in Dad's backyard. I think they played the entire time I was gone outside with the water. Zac was able to work on the shed some more, he made all of the trusses (?) and put them on the shed, then yesterday he finished putting the sheeting on the roof, and put down the tar paper. When he got home from school last night, I noticed he picked up the shingles from Home Depot, so I think he's got a full night ahead of him tonight. His goal is to get the shed finished this weekend. Last night, Eric decided to draw the letter "E" all over our living room walls with a blue crayon. When I saw it, I made him go to his room for a time out, and started to wash the walls. (Thank goodness for Mr. Clean) Eric came out of his room crying, his face all red, he came down to me and said in between cries, "Mommy, I'm so sorry that your FAVORITE guy colored on the walls." He was so sweet. He then told me that he would only color on paper from now on and definitely NOT ON THE WALLS ever again, because Mommy gets really really really mad.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy Birthday Eric!!!!