Friday I went to the gym in the morning with the kids, and
it was my turn for the playdate at my house, so I had some fun 4 year-olds over during the afternoon. When I was putting sandals on Aubrey, she kept on telling me that she wanted to wear socks. I told her that we don't wear socks with sandals. Then Eric pipes up and says, "Daddy does, but his are PRETEND socks." If any of you have seen Zac's legs during the summer, you'll know what Eric's talking about. Zac has to wear shorts and socks with steel toed boots, so in the summer, Zac gets a great tan line, that shows you exactly how high Zac wears his socks. Friday night, I watched Norma while Bobby went to work on her house. Aubrey had so much fun with her.
Saturday morning was the 5k "Race for the Cure" for breast cancer. I got to the race about 5 minutes before it started, and it was PACKED! By the time the horn sounded to start the race, and I made it to the "Start" line, already 3-4 minutes
had already passed! Then it was so crowded, that you couldn't actually start running until about 4-5 blocks up, and even then, I had to weave in and out of people. My last 5k that I ran, the "start" line was the "finish" line also. So when I had done the circle, and was coming back to the Gateway, I could see the "Start" line, so I started sprinting for about 1/4 mile. I made it past the line, and started walking, amazed at how fast I had run the 5k. Then I noticed people were still running....that's right, when you turn
the corner, there was about another 1/4 mile before you reach the finish line. ARG! I don't know my exact time yet, I wore a timing chip on my shoe. I know I beat my other time by several minutes....hopefully the results will be posted soon. I just couldn't believe how many people were out there! It was wonderful for the cause.
When I got back from the race, we went over to a neighbor's for a BBQ. They had out all their water toys, so the kids got to "Swim" for about 2 ho
urs. When we came home, Zac decided to put up the walls on the shed. After he framed it, he went ahead and put the wood on the outside as well. He is currently building the roof, and hopefully it will be up tomorrow. He is really moving on it! It is pretty big inside though, one of the neighbor kids asked if we built a "mini" garage.
Mother's Day was great! During Sacrament, the Bishop announced that the men will be taking over all the womens callings, and for us to head towards the relief society room. When I got there, he gave a quick devotional, then told us that he didn't have flowers for us, because his wife said she didn't want flowers. So he asked her what she wanted, and she said "Cheesecake and chocolate!" So that's what they gave us! The
bishopric served all of us cheesecake, chocolate, cookies, and water for the next 2 hours of the meeting block. I looked in on Zac once during Sunbeams, he seemed to be handling it alright. I was lucky though, and I had prior warning that this was
going to happen (although I thought it was only going to be for one hour not two) so I made sure that Zac had prepared the lesson, even though I usually do.
After church, we stopped by at Mom's grave and put some flowers on it. Eric wants us to put balloons on it next. Then we stopped at Zac's Mom's for a Mother's Day visit. We headed down to Dad's after that for the usual Sunday Dinner. Busy but fun weekend!

2 comments:
The flowers look beautiful. I am so glad you put up pictures. Happy Mother's Day to you as well!!
HAHAHA pretend socks...that kid comes up with some funny stuff!
Post a Comment