Tuesday, June 27, 2006

No more Realtors!

Stephanie will appreciate this post since she too has had the worst experience with realtors. We had to fire our realtor from being our buyers agent. (He was also our sellers agent.) He wasn't holding up his side of the deal. The best part is, I never signed anything, and the new house is under my name not Zac's. We did this on purpose just in case he didn't follow through. Because he is no longer our agent, we needed our $500 earnest money to be transferred over to the builder. He informed us that he would do this last Thursday or Friday. So Zac called him ONCE on Thursday and ONCE on Friday. He never called us back. So at 3:00pm yesterday I called him to see what the status is. He told me that it is really simple to transfer, he just has to do it. I asked him when he could do it, he wouldn't give me a straight answer. So I told him I would call him tomorrow to see if it had been transferred. He then very rudely told me "DO NOT CALL ME! YOU ARE ANNOYING!" (Devin thought this was hilarious) he repeated this throughout the conversation. First of all, this is the first time that I have ever called him. I told him, we will stop calling when he transfers the money. He again told me to stop calling, and hung up on me. At this point in the conversation he was yelling at me. Here are the reasons why we fired him:
- He did not show up for the closing.
- We negotiated at the beginning of the sale of our home to a 4.5% commission instead of the usual 6%. The 1.5% would go back to us, with the condition that he would be our buyers agent also. We signed on our new home the end of February. We closed on our current home in June. After we received the funds from the sell of our home, our Realtor informs us that we will not be getting the 1.5% because he is feeling "screwed". I ask him, "Why are you bringing this up now? You knew how much commission you were getting from our new home back in February?" No response.
- He gave the key to our buyers WEEKS before closing. We were under the impression that they wanted to walk through the house one last time, and that our Realtor would be there with them. So we gave our key to the Realtor, not the buyers. We later discover that they have been through our home multiple times, even spent the night, without our knowledge. Our Realtor never went through the home with them, he just handed over our keys, and forgot to get them back.
- He FORGED our signatures on an Addendum!!!! (without our knowledge)
- He would never talk to me because I am a girl. (I know this one is petty, but it really bothered me.)

The reason why we went with this Realtor is because he is in our ward, and lives two doors down from us. We have learned our lesson, never do business with anyone in the ward.

On a lighter note, the final walk through on our new house is next week! Last week they did the finish plumbing, hung the shower door, put in the closet rods, etc. This week they need to put in the carpet and finish electrical. This weekend we went and bought a washer and dryer, stainless steel refrigerator, and a lot of parts for a computer. Barb's boyfriend Garit (Barb is Zac's sister) is building us our computer. So far I hear it's going to be an awesome computer.

Yesterday my cousin, Chris Perkins, his wife died. Chris is my age, I'm not sure how old his wife is (22 or 23?). She was on her lunch break, and a dump truck broad sided her at 80 mph. It killed her instantly. Chris is in Wyoming on a campout with no reception on his cell phone. So he didn't even know. My uncle drove out there last night, so I'm sure he knows now. Your life can change so fast.

Dad drove out to Montana and Sunday to get a picture of a headstone. When he finally got there, he discovered that they aren't buried in Montana, but in Malad, Idaho. That was a long drive to find out that they are only 2 hours away from home instead of 8-10. Then Dad went to Spokane Washington to find Grandpa Parry's brother's headstone. With the help of Grandpa Parry and his sister Mary, Dad was able to find it. He came home last night. This trip was suppose to be a 5 day trip. Leave it to Dad to do it in two days.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite is how your realtor didn't show up for closing. By the way, what did he add to the contract that he forged your signatures for?

Lisa said...

I can't believe Realtors can be that bad and still have a license.

Heather said...

He did an Addendum to extend our closing date. However, we extended it 3 times, and Zac told him we will not extend it again...so he went ahead and extended it without our knowledge!

Anonymous said...

That's sad about your cousin's wife. Sorry to hear that.

Glade was in Spokane? We could have had him over, I would have fixed a roast.