Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Another Day


So I stopped at our new house on the way home from work yesterday, and the wood floors were almost finished. He is about 4 rows shy of finishing the kitchen, and needs to put some more molding around the edges, but so far it's looking great! Our house has a side entry garage. It's kind of hard to see though with the big dumpster in front of the house. Also on the pics of the kitchen, the light was shining through the windows, so the picture didn't turn out too well.

Zac got the estimates on our car yesterday. Apparently our car isn't worth fixing the blinker. The mechanic told us that they were going to have to total our car out!!! All we need to fix is the blinker, and the car works fine! Dad thought it was so funny. Zac is talking to the insurance today to see if he can reason with them about paying for the blinker instead of totalling the car out. (The estimate was only for $1,000 to fix the blinker and bumper) So it's nice to know that we own a vehicle that is worth basically nothing.

So yesterday I was running over to Court for a sentencing on one of our defendants (the court is 6 blocks away from my work. I was stopped at the light, waiting for the crosswalk to give me the okay to cross, and this guy behind me is holding what looks to be a fountain drink. For some reason he dropped it, and it splashed all over the back of my legs, but it wasn't soda...it was beer. So NOW I get to go into court smelling like beer. It was so gross. I ran into the bathroom and tried to wash it off the back of my legs, but I pretty much smelled like beer for the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow your house looks amazing! I bet you are so excited.

Anonymous said...

Your kitchen looks great! I love that island... -Barb

Unknown said...

Hey guys! The house is looking awesome! So I think I'm finally done with your computer. Sorry for the delay, bad parts happen all the time sadly but it's looking very sweet now. I put a ton of music on there (don't laugh if you see something lame I didn't download all of it for me :) So anyway I'm sure me and Barbara we swing by tomorrow sometime to drop it off. See you then...

-Garit