Monday, June 12, 2006

We finally sold our house!

So, it has been EIGHT, count it EIGHT, months since we put our house on the market. We have had it under contract 4 seperate times, with each of them falling through. The people who bought our house extended the time to close 3 times with us, and finally they came through! Although, they did ask Zac to mow the lawn one more time. It's their house, they should mow the lawn. But Zac wanted to be nice, so even though we sold it on Thursday, he is mowing the lawn on Tuesday. What a nightmare. I thought selling a house would be easier than that. Plus, we put it on the market right before Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. That was smart.

Our new house was suppose to be finished 2 weeks ago....but it's not. They put in the cabinets tomorrow, Zac will lay the floor by the end of this week, and then they will give us a better idea on a closing date. I don't have my camera here with the pics of the house, but I will post them later.

3 comments:

Matt said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. Congratulations on choosing an awesome background like mine. Just so you know, in your email informing the world of your new blog, the link is wrong. This may create mass confusion for some. Also, I'd like to congratulate myself in being the first person to make a comment on this blog.

Heather said...

Thanks Matt for the heads up. As far as the background goes, when they showed the options for background, I didn't click on one, instead I clicked on continue (thinking it would supply me with more options) and gave me your background. It wouldn't let me go back to that options page. I thought the background looked familiar.

Lisa said...

Welcome fellow blogger. Yippee on the house - I bet you are so excited.