We celebrated our 11th Anniversary this year. Dad and Diane watched the kids (and kept them overnight) so we could celebrate. After swim lessons, we dropped the kids off and headed to Cowabunga Bay. We spent several hours at the water park. I was trying to get sun on my extremely white thighs. I would sit inside the floating tube in the lazy river trying to soak up any sun I could get. Zac just played around. He ended up SO BURNT, while I got NOTHING. I mean, NOTHING from the sun. I might as well have worn a sweatsuit, and would have received the same amount of sun.
After the water park, we came home and got ready for dinner. We had reservations at The Tree Room at Sundance again. I have been looking forward to dinner since the last time we went there 1 1/2 years ago. I ran 13.1 miles in the morning for my training run. I did this on Friday on purpose because I knew we would eat like crazy that night. There was no way I wanted to wake up early on Saturday and do a long run after that huge meal. The Tree Room did not disappoint. Our meals were amazing again. The dinner experience again lasted almost 2 hours, and you felt like you were only there for 30 minutes. It was delicious.
The next morning, Zac got up at 5 am to meet his buffing/polishing guy for the Mustang. Yep, we had a babysitter, and Zac wanted to work on the Mustang. Surprised? So while he was out working on his car in the garage, I cleaned the house and went grocery shopping. I forgot how nice it is to clean and shop without any kids following you around destroying what you just cleaned. AND I got out of the grocery store in 15 minutes...and without any additions to the list like candy, or a new toothbrush, etc.
After I picked up the kids from Dad and Diane's we headed back home. The buffing guy finished polishing Zac's Mustang just in time for us to pick up a babysitter to go to the movies. I wanted to see an early movie while Dad and Diane were watching the kids, but the Mustang guy could only come out Saturday morning. So I got a babysitter, and we headed to the movies. The one movie I did not want to see was the Dark Knight. For 2 reasons, one, I don't like seeing movies during opening weekend (too many people), and two, I didn't want to see a "guy" movie on our Anniversary date. We went at 2:00, and the ONLY movie that was NOT sold out was The Dark Knight. Seriously? So we ended up going to it after-all.
When Dad and Diane watched the kids, they took them up to Hogle Zoo. The kids loved it! They were so excited, but most of all they got a snow cone. That made their day. They have talked more about the snow cone than the animals. I think next time all Dad needs to do is walk across the street and get a snow cone! They had fun sleeping over at Grandpa and Nana's house too. Although, Lily woke up 3 times. :( Sorry Dad! And here is a random picture of Lily watching t.v. This is a normal occurrence at our house.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment