Monday, May 21, 2012

Mother's Day

We had a pretty uneventful Mother's Day this year.  I woke up to Aubrey giving me "breakfast in bed."  She gave me an apple and granola bar for me to eat at the table, since "we aren't suppose to eat food in our beds."  Zac had the kids give me a fuel belt.  It's a running belt with water bottles on it.  I got roped into singing a duet with the Primary kids in sacrament.  After church we headed down to Mom's grave and put flowers on it.  Lily fell asleep about 1 block before we made it to the cemetery.

After we got home, Aubrey wanted to take a picture with me.  Dumb cat jumped right in. 

This was our 2nd take.  I give up.
















A couple months ago Aubrey lost her 1st tooth.  Thank goodness!  She has been asking/begging to lose a tooth for a long time.  All of her friends have lost multiple teeth and she felt left behind.  She requested the door slamming trick.  When I was taking the video, something hit my cheek.  I thought it was the string, but it was the tooth.  (Please ignore my cackling laugh during the video.)
She has since lost the other bottom tooth.  Currently one of her top front teeth is starting to wiggle.
Just a random picture of Lily.  She loves to put shoes/boots on any chance she gets.  Nevermind that it is 80 degrees outside.

We ran the Race for the Cure again this year.  This was Zac's 1st race.  I told him it was more of a "fun run" rather than trying to win something.  He didn't understand why you would run a race if there wouldn't be a winner.  They changed up the course this year from previous years.  I'm glad we ran it together, but not for the reason you think.  I will not run with Zac again. Ever.  We completely clash when we run.  He is a really fast runner, while I am not.  He would say remarks that he thought was motivating, while I took them as discouraging.  I am so glad this happened before our 1/2 marathon.  I will gladly let him run ahead of me and meet him at the finish line.  I think we will both have a more enjoyable run.  After we finished, Zac discovered the land of "free stuff" that you get at a race.  He kept telling me that we "almost made our registration money back in products."  After the race Dad took all of us out to breakfast at Market Street.  It was so delicious.  I love that place.  It was great to participate in this event again. 

I keep on forgetting to write down some of the cute things my kids say.  And then I forget what they said.  A couple Sunday's ago, Jennifer needed to go potty while in Primary.  Her teachers were subs, and didn't know who her parents were.  Here is their conversation, "What is your Mommy's name?" "Mommy."  "What do other people call her?"  "Mommy."  "What does your Daddy call her?"  "Babe."

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Haha! Jennifer is a crack up! Congratulations on the marathon. I'm glad that's not me!