Sunday, March 18, 2012

Cabin

Over President's Day weekend we headed up to the cabin to relax.  We had all 18 grandchildren up there this trip!  As adults, we couldn't really play any games or cards until the kids went to bed.  We were up late every night playing some very competitive canasta.  For future reference, I always want to be on Dad's team.  Somehow he would win almost every time!  Also, note-to-self, I don't like being on Zac's team.  I believe the feeling is mutual.
After we got back from the cabin, I realized we only took 2 pictures while we were up there...and they were both of Lily.  Yikes.  I went to dropbox and copied all of Dad's pictures.  Thank goodness Diane likes to document trips, or we wouldn't have any pictures!
Jennifer didn't do much sledding this trip.  She really just wanted to ride the snowmobile the entire time.  She would go down the hill if I went with her, but she was too afraid to go down by herself.
Aubrey and Eric pretty much lived outside while we were there.  They loved sledding and playing in the snow.  I finally took Eric and Aubrey up to the Springs for their first experience sledding up there.  The path up there hadn't been traveled much.  As I was snowmobiling up the first time, I had Norma and Aubrey on the machine with me.  I tipped it over 3 TIMES.  The tips weren't bad, there was a ton of snow, but I couldn't hit the kill button fast enough on the last one and Aubrey burned her leg on the track.  After the third tip over, Norma turned to me and said she wanted to ride on the other snowmobile.
Jennifer seriously spent almost the entire time outside on this machine...and the entire time inside eating.  She absolutely adores Madison.  She wanted to be next to her the entire trip. Madison is so good with her and makes Jennifer feel special.
These 3 girls spent most of the time in front of the television watching Dora.  Over. And. Over.  I know the theme song by heart.  (True, it doesn't have tricky lyrics.)  Lily can now sing the songs.  We had a great trip and were so glad we were able to make it up and see some snow this year!  It's great to be able to spend some more time with Diane's family and get to know them and their kids better and create some memories together.

1 comment:

Amy Conklin said...

Thank you so much for having us to the cabin. What a magical place! We loved going and being together! We truly can't thank you and your family enough! Love you guys!