Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Sick Lily

We found out yesterday that Lily has RSV.  She is borderline for them to admit her to the hospital, and Zac talked them into letting him bring her home and having her breathing equipment dropped off.  She is absolutley miserable and HATES the treatments.  She also has an ear infection on top of it, which has been causing her to have a fever.  The doctor sounds pretty confident that we are going to have to admit her.  The hospital called me last night to do the pre-admit paperwork, and the doctor gave Zac the paperwork for the hospital so we don't have to go to the E.R.  Zac thought the doctor was being a little overly dramatic, but she told him that babies her age 'tank' really fast and we need to be able to act quickly.

We had a LONG night last night.  Since she can't breathe well, she was up almost the entire night.  I'm hoping she will do better today.  Her fever finally broke this morning - so it looks like the antibiotics for her ear infection have started to work.
I had her 6 month picture taken last week when she was feeling good.  She is such a sweet little girl.  We are all sad that she feels so horrible and pray she gets better fast and that we don't have to admit her in the hospital. 

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

That is so scary. Breathing treatments are hard. The doctors always told me when Stockton was screaming he was getting more medicine into his body, so that was good...Hope Lily feels better really soon.

Glade and Diane Powell said...

We're praying in Mongolia for her!

Tammi said...

That picture makes me so sad. . .

Bobby Sue said...

The poor thing! Thadd was that age when he got RSV and they let me do his treatments while he was nursing. I hope that she gets better soon and please call me if you need my to take Jennifer.

Amy Conklin said...

Poor Lily! I hope she gets feeling better FAST! She looks so miserable! Let me know if I can help in ANY way.

Sarah boo said...

That makes me feel so sad. Having a 6 month old of my own, just imagining that is heartbreaking. I hope that she gets better and doesn't have to get admitted.