Sunday, March 06, 2011

Doing Better





Lily is doing a lot better since my last post.  The next day her fever finally broke.  Her ears don't seem to be bothering her at all.  We still need to do the breathing treatments 3 times a day for another week.  She still hates them.  Lily is still wheezing a lot, but it hasn't gotten any worse.  She has now lost her voice, so it's cute/sad whenever she is cooing or screaming.  She loves this giraffe that she is sucking on in the picture.  Particularly the giraffe's ear.  I know she's feeling better if she is chomping away at that ear.  We had a big round of sickness in our house though.  Zac, Eric and myself all got the stomach flu or something like it.  All at the same time.  Horrible week.  I took off 2 days of work trying to get better.  We have been painting our front room and kitchen.  We were trying to get it finished before the weekend.  So while we were sick, Zac and I would take turns painting until we felt like we were too dizzy and needed to lay down.  I think it is safe to say we are all finally on the mend.  We have been washing and disinfecting like crazy hoping we get this sick bug out of our house.
Zac gets bored easily at our house.  We finally finished painting on Friday.  Today he decided he needed to shave the cat.  There was so much cat hair!  I am allergic to cats, but luckily he never comes upstairs to our room.  We let him outside at night, but he has gotten so hairy that he leaves little clumps of hair wherever he walks.



We have been wanting to paint the interior of our house since we moved in.  Our entire house is one color - beige.  Last weekend, before we knew how sick Lily was, we went and got some paint to start this project.  We painted the front room and kitchen a pale yellow with 2 accent walls kind of a mustard yellow.  Zac even took down our cabinets in the kitchen and painted behind them.  We did the base boards a bright white.  As we started putting all the tools/paint brushes/ladders I noticed something on 3 walls.
Yes.  My little artist JENNIFER has already marked up the walls.  When I saw it, I called out to Zac to stop putting the paint away.  I told him to come look, and we hear Jennifer yell, "NO DAD!  No look!"  Then she ran up to her room, slammed the door, locked the door, and hid under her bed.  I think she knew she was in trouble.



I tried bikram yoga yesterday.  It is yoga in 115 degree room.  Right when you walk in the room the heat hits you hard.  I had a hard time breathing.  As soon as I got used to the heat, I loved it!  After about 10 minutes of doing yoga, the instructor had us grab our ankles.  I didn't think I was that hot yet, but when I bent over to grab my ankles, I literally had sweat coming out of every pour.  It was insane!  Each session is 90 minutes.  By the time we were done, my clothes were SOAKED.  I signed up to do it for a month. :)  So the other kids wouldn't feel left out, here is a picture of them.

3 comments:

Glade and Diane Powell said...

So glad you are doing better! I remember seeing "Heather" written on several of our walls. You always accused your brothers of doing it. Jennifer's problem may just be a little bit hereditary. Can't wait to see all of you.

Bobby Sue said...

Glad to hear the Lily is doing better! Sorry you all got sick. I can't wait for spring, it makes me think sick season is over.

Jackie said...

Glad Lily is doing better. We have a ton of RSV kids in pediatrics at our hospital right now!! Cute pictures of your kids. They are getting big fast!! Any chance you left 2 Thomas the Train cars at our house when you came for Jackson's farewell???