Sunday, January 16, 2011
Skating
On Monday night the kids school sponsored a "family skate night" at Classic Skating in Sandy. Eric and Aubrey both wanted to go SO BAD (they told us multiple times) so after I got home from work we headed up. They let the kids bring their scooters so they used those to go around the rink. Eric's scooter is in such bad shape that you could hear him coming around the rink. It's a dark picture, but Eric is wearing the green basketball sweater. They were giving out candy to people who could dance really well, so he ran out onto the rink and started dancing. It paid off - he got a tootsie roll. The camera's battery died right after that. Shoot! Zac took Jennifer around the rink a couple times. Aubrey even dared the skates. It was really crowded so we didn't stay the full time.
I went to San Francisco for work on Wednesday-Friday for a conference with the U.S. Marshals Service (USMS). I got there Wednesday night around 9ish. I took the BART to my hotel in the financial district. Apparently when I told the USMS about taking the BART the next day, they were all shocked. They were calling me a "team player" and "way to help the government out when we are in a financial need." I guess everyone else took a taxi. They were even saying they wouldn't risk it themselves and they all have guns. Especially since I had my luggage with me, I obviously stood out as a tourist. Oh well. Nothing eventful happened, I didn't realize that it wasn't "smart" for me to take the BART. I just thought there was a station right by my hotel and it would be easy to find. The weather was nice...in the 50s. It was great to be there, problem was that whenever we got out of the conference it was dark outside. I couldn't really do a whole lot of sight-seeing. I only saw Pier 39 at Fishermans Wharf because we went there to eat dinner, and I had to talk everyone into going there. The next day was my flight back. Short and sweet. Apparently everyone arrived in San Francisco during the morning on Wednesday so they could sight-see. I, on the other hand, worked the full day and came at night. Again, I got made fun of for being the "team player."
While I was gone, Zac had success with training Lily to sleep better through the night. She now only wakes up once - huge improvement over her 6-7 times a night. She has kept it up for the last 2 nights as well since I've been home. Zac just told me that I jinxed myself. So I was about to delete this paragraph, but apparently since I've said it outloud and written it down, it's "out there!" I can't take it back. That's about it for our week. It was pretty uneventful for Zac, and my trip was so short there's not much to write about. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I totally hope you didn't jinx yourself! You need the sleep! Sorry you didn't get to see the sights on your trip! Just means that you and Zac need to take a vacation sometime and see them together!
Post a Comment