We carved the kids pumpkins tonight. They have been begging me to carve them since they picked them. Since Halloween is only a week away, I finally gave in. Jennifer fell asleep before her pumpkin was finished. Last night was our ward's "Trunk or Treat." It was pouring rain outside so they quickly moved it inside the church. They had a dinner after passing out the candy. There were so many people there, it was chaos. We were sitting at a table with our neighbors and they started talking about how they might sneak out to eat at In n Out. They asked me if we wanted to go. Zac hates going out to eat. I told them that, and when Zac came back to the table, we mentioned the idea and Zac stood right up and said "Let's go!" While we were driving there, I asked him what made him say yes. He said, "I hate going out to eat, BUT I hate crowds even more." Yes! It was a good night with good conversation, and less chaos.
Zac finished up the driveway on Thursday, right before the storms started to hit. He also sealed our driveway. I went to a funeral on Saturday of the Chair of the Paralegal Division. She passed away in a plane crash back in August on her way to hike Mt. Everest. Her family was finally able to get her body back to Utah. I saw people from work there. I really have not missed work. I went to work today to restock my office with snacks and treats. I just can't believe I will be there next week.
I made Dad's roast today for Sunday dinner. After him being gone for a year, I think I FINALLY have it down along with his gravy. We also had corn and my homemade wheat rolls with dinner. Yum! Later on, the kids and I made chocolate chip cookies. I think something about the cold weather brings out the cooking bug in me.
Sunday, October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You're such a fun momma. How fun to have Zac stay at home. Hey you gotta do what ya gotta do. I think its great he would be willing to do that. Youre kids are so freaking cute!
Looks like fun! Your pumpkins are awesome! What are your kids going to be for Halloween? I think you are wonderful Heather! I'm sure November 1st will be full of many mixed emotions... I know the past 12 weeks went way too fast for you. Let us know if we can help you out!
Post a Comment