Sunday, September 19, 2010

September

We took the kids up to Provo Canyon last night to Bridal Veil Falls.  We were going to roast hot dogs over the fire, but this year they had a "no fire" rule.  The kids still had fun though.  There were so many people up there!  I've never seen it so busy!  I love going up the canyons - I wish we had time to go more.  You can't tell by the pictures, but Jennifer WAS happy while we were there, she just hates the camera!  As soon as we pulled it out she yells, "NO PICTURE!"  Then as soon as we were done, she was happy again.

Aubrey started gymnastics last week.  There are 4 neighbor girls that are all in the same class, and I was able to get her in.  She LOVES it!  She is a little behind since the others have been taking it for a year now.  She is starting to learn cartwheels and can do it with her knees bent.  We've been practicing at home to keep her legs straight.  She giggles the entire time she is at gymnastics.  She thinks everything that her teacher is asking her to do is silly.  They have her do the uneven bars, the balance beam, and tumbling.
We went bowling for FHE on Monday.  Apparently the batteries in my camera were dead.  I was able to turn it on and took a picture of Eric.  As soon as I hit the button, my camera went black and the screen said "replace batteries."  I didn't think I even got this picture.  The kids loved bowling for the first game.  We had coupons for "buy one game get one free", and by the time we started over for the 2nd game, all they wanted to do was play the arcades.  I love how they have this ramp for the bowling ball - it made it so Jennifer could actually participate too.  Earlier in the day, I finally started working out.  I held off until I was 5 weeks postpartum which was hard to do.   Zac had purchased the "Insanity" program awhile back, which is basically a boot camp type of work out that is INSANE.  So I started "Insanity" on Monday afternoon - it is a full hour of cardio.  I thought when I was finished that I had stretched well.  Anyways, while we were bowling, as soon as we started the 2nd game, I went to bowl and pulled my hamstring!  What?  How embarrassing.  Who knew bowling used your hamstring?  So I had to sit out the rest of the game.  Then about on the 5th frame, Zac twisted his wrist wrong.  He just turned to me and said, "Man, we are getting OLD!"  I can't believe we both got hurt while BOWLING!
I've continued working out every day though, and haven't pulled anything else.  I have played volleyball quite a bit too.  It's nice to finally start feeling like yourself again!  It was really hard not to work out, I felt like I was in a slump.  It's been great too for these restless nights with Lily.  Since I can't drink caffeine, exercising seems to be the only thing that can "wake" me up.  Lily turns 6 weeks tomorrow!  The time has flown! (Except at night.)  Here are some quick pics of her.  She looks SO MUCH like Jennifer it's crazy - but Lily can cry louder.

2 comments:

Julia Osmond said...

Cute pictures, Heather! You have a 6 week old. That's crazy, time flies...except when you're not sleeping. Soon though!

Chad said...

Elisa and I just drove up to Sundance last week! Until Elisa explained it to me, I thought it was called Bridle Vale Falls. The correct name makes a lot more sense.