I can't believe she is already 1 1/2 weeks old! It has been a busy week! Jennifer has had jaundice, so I have had to go to the hospital every day for the past week to get her levels rechecked. Her points are now starting to go down, but luckily we never had to admit her in the hospital, although the doctor threatened it every day. I have been sick as well. I got a sinus infection right when I got out of the hospital, but didn't get the antibiotics until Wednesday. Then yesterday, I got mastitis. My fever was at 104.5 pretty much all day yesterday, with really bad chills. BUT, because I was already on antibiotics for my sinus infection, I already had a head start on getting better. Today I have a low grade fever, but I am feeling a lot better. It's hard to get better without any rest! :) The hard part about yesterday was that Zac had rented a drill for the cement from Home Depot, and my fever and chills didn't kick in until he was gone. So I called him because I was shaking so bad, I was afraid to hold Jennifer to change her diaper. He came back, but because we already paid for the rental, he had to get the holes drilled which took HOURS, so I was really sick and had to take care of the 3 kids. Miserable day. Days like this make me wish I had my mom to help me. It's hard to not have her here when pretty much everyone who has a new baby has their mom's to help them out. I know Steph can relate to this.
On Thursday Eric had his open house for kindergarten. We got to meet his new teacher, and find out where his locker is, coat hanger, bathrooms, etc. He is so excited. They already had homework for him too. We go take an assessment on Thursday to see where he stands education wise. We had to take some pictures for his homework so I have included some of those pics (the one of the family and himself).

I absolutely cannot STAND cat hair. So Zac and Barb got creative shaving Buster, with a mohawk and chops and all. Zac wanted me to post a picture of their creative work. AND Aubrey felt left out, so I have included a pic of her as well. She keeps on picking flowers everywhere she goes, and today, my Dad's yard was her pick. So she wanted her picture taken with the rose that she picked. She hasn't been pricked by a thorn yet, so hopefully it happens soon so she will stop picking flowers!


5 comments:
I like the boxing gloves. She looks tiny and cute. I hope you get feeling better.
I'm sorry you've been so sick. I know exactly what you mean. My mom's birthday is today. She would have been 61.
It stinks to be sick - and mastitis is just about the worst! I hope you start feeling better. Jennifer is so cute and tiny! They grow so fast!
Sorry your sick but Jennifer is beautiful! I can't wait to see her!!!
Oh Heather, I feel SO bad that you got mastitis!! I wish we lived closer so I could come help you out. I hope you feel better soon. Jennifer is beautiful!
Post a Comment