













Jennifer Kristine Nielson! She arrived last night at 9:01 p.m., and was 7 lbs 11 oz, 18 1/2 inches. I was suppose to start my induction at 8am yesterday, but they could not get me in until 10 am. They started the pitocin immediately, and I started to have contractions 2 minutes apart right away. The doctor couldn't come in to break my water until 12:45, and by this point, I was still only dialated to 2 cm. After he broke my water, the contractions started hitting really hard every 30 seconds. I

lasted for 2 hours with the hard contractions, then finally called in the anethesiologist for my epidural. They checked me again at 6 pm, and I was only at 2 1/2 cm! How frustrating! I had a new nurse come in around 8:30 p.m. and she said I was finally at 4 1/2 cm. I guess the nurse that put my catheter in put it in the way of the babies head, so she couldn't come down. So this nurse moved it to the right spot, and I immediately felt major pressure. After 15 minutes I couldn't handle it and had Zac page the nurse and I was ready to go! The doctor ran over and I only had to push once and she came! This time around I didn't need any stitches or anything, and already recovery has been so much better! She is nursing beautifully, and so far doesn't even really cry. (I know that by this point she has only been here for 13 hours, but, I am VERY hopeful!) We are just excited to have our new little girl finally here! Aubrey and Eric were so cute when they saw her. Aubrey couldn't stop laughing she was so excited! A big thank you to Dad for letting the kids spend the night TWICE even though we had only planned on ONCE! The kids had a wonderful time!
6 comments:
I'm so happy for you! I was hoping you would post pictures and let me know the name! You sure did not disappoint! Lots of hair. Wow! Love her name, and I love how you used Kristine for the middle name again. Congratulations!
I can't wait to see her. She is beautiful!!!! Congrats!!
What a wonderful thing blogs are so we can see the pictures! You look amazing. . .love all the pictures:) I will be down ASAP to see her. My love to all!
Okay, the pain pills are kicking in again:( The above post was from me, Tammi.
Congrats! We had been wondering if she was here yet. I can't believe that no one in this family has ever used the name Jennifer! I think it is very pretty! So happy you are all doing well!
She's gorgeous! Jennifer is a very pretty name- very good choice!
We're glad everything went well with the birth!
Post a Comment