Friday, August 22, 2008

2 week fiasco



We had Jennifer's 2 week check-up. She is weighing in at 8 lb 3 oz and 21 inches long. She is in the 75% for her length and 50% for her weight. With both Eric and Aubrey I had their pictures taken when they were 2 weeks old. So I decided to carry on the tradition and have Jennifer's picture taken. Wow. It was quite the ordeal to get this pictures taken! We had to wait at Kiddie Kandids for 3 1/2 hours! I'm glad I did the pictures with the kids first since Jennifer was still asleep, but she was NOT having it for her picture! The picture that we got was literally in between crys! I could not get her to calm down. She refused to nurse, refused to take the binky, refused everything! During the pictures Aubrey goes, "Uh-oh, pee is starting to come out!" So I had to hurry and RUN her to the bathroom with Jennifer and Eric, but Aubrey wanted help to get ON the toilet (which was disgusting), but I couldn't help her because I had screaming Jennifer in my arms. She climbed on, went to the bathroom, got her hands VERY clean, then ran back to finish taking pictures. THEN Eric had to go to the bathroom! Are you kidding me? Apparently he didn't think about it when we were IN the bathroom with Aubrey. So we ran back to the bathroom, etc. Finally, I just told the lady taking Jennifer's picture that we were lucky we got the pic that we did, I just needed to get home. At one point in this, I had ALL three kids crying. Oh my. A little discouraging! Things would have been fine if we didn't have the long wait to even take the picture in the first place. I felt like everyone was staring at me as I was leaving the mall. I had Jennifer screaming in her car seat in one hand, Aubrey crying in the other hand while holding Eric's hand who was also crying. It may be awhile before I venture out on my own again. However, I did do a successful grocery shopping trip Monday night with all three kids by myself and it went smooth. Today they just weren't having it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those darling children giving you a problem? I don't believe it. By the way, when we venture out, I'm always saying, "And you wonder why I never leave the house"

FitzSimmons Times said...

Your kids are beautiful! I am sorry about the stressful time. Three children out and about was definately a challenging experience for me compared to two. I love Jennifer's dress. Congrats on grocery shopping by yourself - that is still the hardest place for me to take all three kids!

Lisa said...

I need to come down and take her pictures...she is beautiful!!!

Ashley said...

Wow...what a nightmare. However...I have to say that pic of the three of them had to be worth it, right?! HOW ADORABLE is that?!?! I LOVE LOVE IT! I miss you, by the way!!!