Monday, September 24, 2007

Not playing by the rules

I know, I know. I haven't updated in a couple weeks now. I have been EXTREMELY busy at work, where I haven't really even had lunch breaks. A quick sum up of the last couple weeks...Zac's Dad came to Utah and spent a Sunday afternoon with us. The kids wish they could have seen him more. They kept on asking to see him again. Later that week my work had an "office retreat" in Park City. They invited all of our families to come up, and we stayed 3 nights at the Silverado Lodge at the Canyons. We lucked out and got a beautiful suite with a full kitchen, laundry room, etc. While I was in meetings during the day, Zac took the kids swimming (A LOT) and did some shopping at the outlets. It was nice to get away for a little bit, even though it wasn't very far.

This past week I was informed that I am getting an award at work, where the President of my company is flying into Utah to present it to me. I don't really care about the whole hoopla that they are making it out to be. I would rather they just put the award in my mail slot and call it good. This past Friday Zac and I went to the temple and Zac's sister babysat for us. Our Primary Presidency goes to the temple once a month as a presidency, and this time our spouses were invited. We were to be at the 7:00pm session. Because of traffic and other reasons, we almost didn't make it. We basically ran into the temple, hurried and got dressed and told each other we would meet in the chapel. When I got to the chapel, it was packed full, and they escorted me to 1 of 3 overflow rooms. I saved a seat for Zac and waited for him. This sweet sister came into the overflow and calls out "Is there a Sister Heather Nielson here?" I raise my hand and she tells me that we need to hurry. She starts taking me through all of these places in the temple that I've never seen as we make it to the chapel in no time. As we are walking extremely fast she's asking me, "Didn't you hear us call for the guests? Your husband has been waiting for you." I am now VERY confused. I tell her I think that maybe there's another Heather Nielson that needs to be called, that we weren't with anybody. Well wouldn't you know that Zac went in with the wedding party! The girl was getting her endowments and sealed in the same day. After talking to Zac he stated that he didn't remember where the chapel was, so he just followed this guy (who happened to be the groom) and sat down right next to him in the chapel on the front row. (which is reserved for people who are doing their own temple work) Anyways, when we got into the chapel, the primary president and her husband were the witness couple, so luckily we got in the same session as them. After I sat down, the next people who walked in were my cousins, Cody and his wife Michelle, who I haven't seen for years. Michelle came and sat right next to me and said, I knew it! I knew I had seen your husband before! Apparently they had kept on running into guys that Michelle had dated while Cody was on his mission, and when she saw Zac, she told Cody, I know that guy from somewhere. Cody got annoyed and goes, GREAT! Now we're running into guys you dated in the temple! Zac's friend from high school was also in the same session as us. To back up, earlier in the day I had fed our cats. They were completely out of food, I don't know for how long, so they ate too much and started throwing up in the basement. I cleaned up everything, then came back 1 hour later, and it looked like I hadn't done anything, they had thrown up again. I ranted to Zac about how these cats need to live outdoors, I don't want them inside, etc. Now back to the temple. We are sitting in the celestial room, and I have been hiding my shoes with my dress. Zac looks at me and asks what am I doing with my shoes. I slowly show him and told him that those cats peed on my shoes. The tops of them were all yellow. We were so late getting to the session, that I just put them on. I didn't have enough time to rent some new shoes. Zac was trying as hard as he could not to burst out laughing.

We decided to go to the "Purple Turtle" for ice cream after. Our friends hadn't been there before, so they followed us. We see it, and see 2 great parking spots right next to each other, so Zac makes a left hand turn off State St. into the Purple Turtle. Well, we go over the curb, and basically bounce into the parking spot. Our friends do the same. They came out of the car and told Zac, "I've learned something about you tonight. You don't like to play by the rules."

The Primary President got released yesterday! Her husband got called into the Bishopric so they released her. BUT they left all the rest of us in the Presidency?! What! I didn't know you could do that! I thought once the President was released, we were ALL released?

Aubrey woke up with a bad cold yesterday, so Zac stayed home with her from church. I had Eric stay home as well so I could run Primary without having to worry about him. (And I was able to sit through Sacrament without having to leave once.) During the middle of church, I see this boy running towards me in shoes with no socks, shorts, and a tank top. Sure enough it was Eric. He had run to the church without Zac's knowledge. He ran straight for me and said, "Mom, can I go to my class now? I want to learn about Jesus." He sure knows how to play the game. I can't really punish him for wanting to learn about Jesus. Although he did get in trouble when he was home about leaving the house without Zac knowing, crossing the street without us, etc.

1 comment:

Barb said...

You just need to attach a long rope to that kid! hahaha