Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Salsa Weekend!

On Wednesday the primary president called me twice, came over once, and finally I answered her (I was running at the time, I wasn't trying to be rude) She was hysterical. I guess the Bishop forgot to ask the Stake for permission to split the primary...oops. They will not allow it. So he made us the new primary presidency for the entire primary. Right after that Zac just sang "Happy birthday to you" Let's just say I am a little discouraged...I am really trying hard to have a good face about the entire thing, but our primary is HUGE! 5 Sunbeam classes with the smallest 15 kids, 7 nurserys with the smallest 18 kids, etc. So I talked with the president for hours that night trying to figure out who's doing what, etc. Then she wanted to have a 4 hour meeting on Saturday, we had 3 baptisms in the morning, and I had a stake primary meeting on Thursday night. I finally asked for an assistant. I am the ONLY one who works full-time (which are extended hours), I am coaching Eric's soccer team, Zac's in school full-time at night so he's never home to help with the kids, I'm training for this 1/2 marathon, I do all the cleaning/cooking/laundry/grocery shopping, etc. I just can't do it all, and this calling is the only thing my friend has to worry about and she calls me 3-4 times a day DURING work to tell me what else I need to do. I am just trying to keep my head above water, not go above and beyond. Maybe in a month or two things will settle down and I can do those extra things.

On Thursday Dad e-mailed me and said that he had a lot of tomatoes to make salsa. So I called Lisa and she and Justin arranged to come down Friday night to Dad's. Dad and I made a batch Friday night and I made another batch with Lisa on Saturday. Dad and I really don't like things spicy, so we only added 1 jalepeno and 2 anaheim peppers to the batch. It was WAY to sweet of a salsa. SO on the batch I made with Lisa, we added 4 anaheim peppers and 5 jalepenos with full seeds, and it still was pretty sweet. SO in 2 weeks Dad will have another 25 pounds of tomatoes ready to make salsa with, and we will be adding 10 jalepenos to have at least a little spice to it. I had asked the primary president if it was alright if I missed the 4 hour meeting on Saturday since Justin and Lisa were coming down, I already knew what they will be discussing...so at least I got out of one meeting. The kids had fun seeing their NY cousins again...I mean ID cousins. :) It's great that they were able to make it down so fast, I just called and they came the next night.

Later that night Zac took me out for my birthday since we weren't really home to celebrate it on Wednesday. Zac's sister Barb came over and babysat for us while we went to the new Harry Potter movie. After the movie we headed over to Winger's and then home. It's nice to have a night out without kids.

2 comments:

Chad said...

Oh, that just sounds so painful! Maybe it's time to move again. ;)

Anonymous said...

That makes me want to puke Heather. Really. I am going to be physically ill for you for the next while! Tell your Bishop your ward needs to be split--unless every couple has about 13 kids! WOW!