Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Another Idaho Weekend


After we got back from the Lovell Reunion, I had 2 days of work (with pioneer day off) then off to Idaho again! On Tuesday, Pioneer day, in the morning was the quarterly primary/ward activity. They decided to feed the entire ward breakfast, then have the kids come inside to do pioneer games. It worked out fine, however my games were the biggest flop. Later that night we went down by the lake to do our fireworks since they were completely banned from Eagle Mtn. We had 4 our families with us, and I made Grandmas orange/banana/pineapple icecream. Yum! The kids were loving the fireworks, but the last one that we lit, Zac didn't know what it did. We got our fireworks in Wyoming, however, we got the S&S (Safe and Sound) pack to make sure we weren't lighting off anything illegal. Well, this last firework definitely was NOT legal! It just kept on going shooting fireworks up high in the sky. Now the other problem...because we were at the lake in Saratoga Springs, it was pitch black, no street lights, etc. SO everybody miles away could see our fireworks. Within 2 minutes, we had the police show up. It was a mandatory $500 fine this year with no warnings, and a Class B misdemeanor. This officer drove about 2 feet away from our chairs very slowly, then turned around and went back out. One of our friend's families works as a police officer. We were asking what that was about. I guess they had a big meeting stating that they absolutely cannot give out warnings, however, by them driving by slowly like that, it was an "unofficial" warning...more like they are watching us so stop lighting fireworks. So we packed up and went home.
Wednesday I went up to Idaho after work. Zac bailed out on me the last minute because he forgot about a presentation he had to give in school. It was pouring rain in Utah. I witnessed the grossest thing driving. This car came zooming past me on the Malad pass, and a little girl stuck her head out the window and threw up all over. It was airborne. NASTY! Luckily it didn't hit our car. We stayed at Grandma and Grandpa's while up in Idaho.
Thursday morning was Larkin's wedding. I was lucky enough to get Katelyn and Camille to watch my kids and Lisa's at the temple grounds during the sealing. When we got to the temple Eric asked me if he could go inside. I told him not until he's bigger. Then he got very sad and said "But Mommy, I LOVE Heavenly Father and Jesus too!" So sweet. The sealing was beautiful, and when I came out of the temple the kids were having a good time. After the pictures were taken we were walking back to the car and Eric said, "I had so much fun playing in Heavenly Father and Jesus' yard! I want to do this again!" That kid cracks us up all the time. The luncheon and reception were beautiful, but my kids became very restless. So I invited myself over to Justin & Lisa's to go swimming in their pool. Justin got in the pool with the kids and at one time had all 5 of them hanging off of him. My kids LOVED playing over at their cousins. Eric told me that he wants to turn 8 just like Andrew. Andrew played SO GOOD with Eric, he will be a great babysitter one day! :)
The kids were pretty good over at Grandma and Grandpa's. Eric and Aubrey were coloring, I was working on a puzzle and Grandma was taking a cat nap on the couch. When I looked over and Aubrey (who had stickers in her coloring book) stickered Grandma up her arm, on her shirt, on her legs, etc. It was so cute. Aubrey just pointed and said, "Pretty!" Aubrey finally warmed up to Grandma. When we were leaving to go back to Utah Aubrey kept on shout "Grandma I love you!" On Saturday when the kids got up Aubrey asked me if we could go to Grandma's house. They had a great time! Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa for letting us come stay with you!
Friday night my friends took me out to dinner for my birthday. We went out to Zupa's in Draper, then headed over to Tai Pan and they got me some decorations for my house. YEAH! I love the friends I've made in my neighborhood. Last night, one of them had made a birthday cake for me and brought it over...so thoughtful!
I painted our bedroom on Saturday and Monday. I wanted to paint our room a dark taupe color. Zac found almost the exact color at Lowes where somebody had brought back the paint, and they resold the gallon for $7.00 (which this gallon normally goes for $40). So we got some white paint and I painted all the base boards white, and the walls this brown color. When we were finished Zac and I looked at it and it looks PURPLE! WhAT? We decided we needed to let it dry, so the next morning we looked at it again and it looks like a Dark RED! It definitely was NOT the color they had painted on the lid. We decided that it is a brown with strong hues of purple and red depending on what time of the day. It's better than the light taupe that we had in our bedroom, but definitely a different color.

No comments: