Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Evacuation

I had meetings all this morning with USMS, FBI and DEA. We finished at DEA around 12:30 when I was driving back to the office. All of the roads were blocked off, etc. I was able to manuever into a parking spot and we (the AUSA, myself and another paralegal) attempted to get into our building when the police stopped us. Apparently right across the street was a "suspicious package". They weren't letting people in or out of the office. So we ended up going to lunch together, then we still had awhile to burn so the AUSA wanted to go shopping, so I took him shopping. Finally the police brought in their robot to detonate the package, and lo and behold...a TRUMPET. I'm so glad that I missed 3 hours of work for a trumpet! Actually, I really am glad that it was just a trumpet...it was only 20 feet away from my office building.

No comments: