Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas Weekend!


















So we started our weekend with my big hair cut. I hate it! I am starting to get use to it, but it was way to drastic for me. When I came home, Zac looked at me and went, Hmm, So what do YOU think? She did really good on the color of my hair, but the cut did not turn out like I thought. I had brought in a picture of what I wanted my hair to look like, and she refused to do it. She thought that it would be even more drastic. Oh well. Zac keeps on telling me that in 2 weeks it will look great. His saying is a good hair cut is a great hair cut in 2 weeks. I forgot to take pictures of my haircut, so these pics of me are taken by myself at work during my blog entry. :)

Christmas Eve we went up to Zac's Aunt Diana's house for the usual Christmas Eve party. Barb brought up Garit to meet the family for the first time, and he fit right in. Wayne came only for Santa and left immediately after. Eric was so much fun this year for Christmas. When Santa called his name, he ran up to Santa, sat on his lap and told him everything he wanted for Christmas. Aubrey still isn't too sure about Santa.

Christmas morning Eric and Aubrey woke up to see that Santa came. When I went into Eric's room, he was really sad, he told me that Santa didn't come to his room last night. Then he ran into my room, and told me that Santa forgot my room too. I guess I didn't make it clear that Santa puts presents under the tree, not in everybodies rooms. He was so excited to get a train set. We had to set them up as soon as we got home from Idaho, and he tried to talk us into letting him go to sleep with the trains. After we put him to bed last night, I heard this noise, which I thought was the cats....turns out, Eric was downstairs playing with the trains after we had put him to bed. I didn't even hear his bedroom door open. After we opened the presents we immediately got in the car and drove up to Idaho. We were able to get into Idaho Falls and see Grandma and Grandpa Parry and visit for a little bit before we headed up to the cabin. Devin rode up with us and Dad was coming up on Tuesday morning. As soon as we got to the cabin, Nathan and Devin started the snowmobiles up, then I joined them and Devin and I started sledding. Zac just goes, "There go the Powell's" That's right. We know exactly what to do when we get to the cabin. We throw on our snow clothes as fast as possible and immediately start playing in the snow. The Millburn's were right behind us, and we started to head to the Springs. On the way up, the snowmobile that Nathan was driving started to overheat. So we were down by one snowmobile. Luckily, it overheated close to Steve's cabin, so Nathan went and got Steve, and the guys loaded the snowmobile into Steve's truck and unloaded it at Steve's cabin. Terry and Debbie were wonderful and came up that night with their trailor and took the snowmobile down to Idaho Falls to find out what was wrong with it. So we ended up walking up the hill instead of using the other snowmobile. It started to sound the same way as the one that broke, so we weren't taking our chances.

As usual we had our usual races down the hill, and this time around, we were trying to perfect our "Chain sledding". We would go down the hill forward on our backs, forward on our knees, forward on our stomachs, then backwards head first, etc., standing up, pyramid, diamond, and "V" formation. And we did this as night when we couldn't see where we were going. Zac thinks he broke his tailbone during one of the chain sleddings. He went off a bump and landed on another bump the wrong way. He has been sitting on pillows everywhere he sits. I wonder how the backhoe is going to go today?! Zac actually played a football game with my cousins. It was the first time I had seen actually participate in a sport (besides foozball). Speaking of foozball we had a tournament, and I lost EVERY GAME...but I did make it close on my game against John, he won 10-7. That's right John, it made the blog!

2 comments:

Chad said...

You look great!

Thanks for adding those pictures of the cabin. I miss those snow football games a lot. I wish I was there with them. :)

Lisa said...

The hair looks great on you - I think it makes you look older. The cabin pictures look like so much fun - the chain sledding - how fun! We missed out on another great year at the cabin.
Have a great New Years!