Tuesday morning my work did a tour of the Federal Reserve Bank. We got to go into the money vaults, and were surrounded by over a billion dollars. I brought Zac along because he was interested in seeing the bank. Then we went to where they destroyed all the money. They even gave us a $200 sample each, but it was shredded. Because Zac was at my work, we went out to lunch. As soon as we got back from lunch, I immediately felt sick. I lasted until the end of the work day, picked up the kids and went home. When I got home, all the orders from Pampered Chef arrived, so I needed to go deliver them, and then the Bishop called and wanted to see me. So I ran over to the Church real quick, and got my first calling in the ward. I am the new laurel advisor in the Young Women's. Then I had to run down to Provo to deliver the Pampered Chef stuff to some girls. On my way back from Provo, the sickness hit me again. I was up the entire night. At 4 am I woke up Zac and made him call into work to have him stay home with me. My fever got up to 104.5. AND our thermometer usually runs about 2 degrees cooler. On a healthy day, it says that I am 96 degrees, not 98.6. So I really could have been 106.5. It was horrible. Zac took care of the kids until 2 pm when he had to go to school. The fever peaked to the 104.5 while he was at school. The kids had been fighting, Aubrey spilled milk everywhere, then dropped a glass cup, and it shattered, etc. I was feeling horrible so I started to cry. Eric immediately ran over to me and said. "Mommy, do you miss your mommy? (I do, but that's not why I was crying.) Daddy will come home from school, and will take care of you okay? You will feel better okay?" He then gave me a hug, and from behind comes Aubrey screaming and hitting Eric, Eric moved out of the way so she also could give me a hug. Eric is growing up so much. I told them that they would make Mommy feel a lot better if they stopped fighting. They were good the rest of the night. I stayed home on Thursday and Friday as well. The fever just wasn't breaking. Zac's boss let him take 1/2 days on both of those days, but he then had to leave at 2 or 3 to go to school, and doesn't get home until 10 -10:30 pm. So as nice as it was of his boss, it only helped me out with the kids for a couple hours.
Saturday morning, I woke up and had no fever at all. I ended up going with Bobby to the Women's Conference in Salt Lake. We went out to eat before the conference started at the Blue Iguana. My work is close enough to the conference center, that we parked there so we didn't have to pay for any parking. Bobby didn't wear very good walking shoes, so by the time we got to the conference center, she had blisters. So on our way back to the car, we took trax to the Gallivan Center, so that we would only have to walk a block. Trax was full of the women from the conference center. There were young girls sitting everywhere, and all the elderly women standing!! I told this one lady that she could sit down (Bobby and I got on Trax before everybody else, so we had seats.) and I would stand. She sat down and immediately started to cry. She was so grateful. She had told me that normally she was alright, but for some reason, that day she didn't feel like she could stand at all, and when she walked into Trax and saw that all the seats were taken, she didn't know what she was going to do. Bobby also stood, but there were no other younger women standing!
Zac had this paper due in his Saturday morning class. So Friday night we were at Dad's, Zac was finishing writing it down on paper, and I was typing it for him. His teacher likes to receive assignments via e-mail. When Zac got home from him class on Saturday, he told me that he had written the paper in the wrong style. SO, when Bobby and I were driving home from the Women's Conference, Zac wanted me to stop at home, grab his paper, and retype it that night and resubmit it to his teacher. So I went to Bobby's parents house and retyped it. I got home late that night.
Well, this week wasn't really exciting. I'm just glad that so far the kids and Zac haven't gotten what I had. I start going to mutual again tonight, we'll see how that goes. :)
Tuesday, September 26, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You need to slowwwww down. You have too much going on. Take care of yourself!
Post a Comment