Thursday at Eric's school/daycare was "red day". So I dressed Eric all in red and he had to bring in a red snack. So he took some strawberries. When I went to pick him up, he ran over to me and yelled "GO UTES!" with his hands making the "utes" sign. His teacher said that he had been screaming that all day. What?! When we got home Eric did the same thing to Zac. So Zac yelled back at him "GO COUGARS!" and put his hands in the shape of a "Y". So now Eric is shouting "GO COUGARS" a lot.
So on Friday we had our progressive dinner. It was suppose to start at 5:30, but we were waiting on a couple from Provo, and they didn't get there until 7:30. It was a lot of fun, and a lot of good food! Although at the end I asked them who's idea was it to mess up EVERYBODIES house instead of just one? We ended up have 16 people in total, 8 adults and 8 kids. Zac made a homemade cheesecake and got great reviews. He is starting to experiment with his cooking, and added a little cinnamon to the cheesecake, and it really made a huge difference. His boss' wife works at a candy store, and cuts caramel, so Zac got some caramel from her and melted it and drizzled it all over the cheesecake. During dessert Eric told me that he didn't feel good, and then he put himself to bed. He was up pretty much the entire night with a 102 fever. He is doing better today, he doesn't have his fever anymore, but he still doesn't really have an appetite. Aubrey was so wound up though. I think she ate some dessert off of everybodies plates. Everybody was leaving around 10:30-11:00 pm and Aubrey was dancing to the music, and running around the couch screaming happily. I have never seen her so hyper. Then we put her into bed and she would scream and laugh at herself. I have no idea what time she finally fell asleep. We are going to do a girls night on Thursday with all the girls that were at the dinner, and all the guys can get together to watch the kids. That worked out really nice for me. :)
On Saturday I had a friend call and say that they were going to stop by to see the house on their way up to SLC. When they finally got to our house, their "stop by" was four hours! Zac was at Kohl's with his sister Barb calling me wondering where I was. I finally kicked them out, and met Zac and Barb at Kohl's. She is having an "Associates Day" next week where she gets an additional 30% off the price. So we grabbed a lot of clothes for the family and gave them to her to put on hold until she can buy them at the discounted price. We finally got the rest of the furniture that we have ordered for the house. We bought it all unfinished, so we could put the stain on the wood to match our furniture, and it was a lot cheaper that way. So Zac and I have been staining our dresser this weekend as well. I got my stuff for Christmas cards this weekend too. I know it's only September, but it takes me forever to get them done since I work. I use get one or two done on the weekend until it's time to send them out, and this way I'm not stressed or trying to hurry to get them all finished in time.
Monday, September 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Justin would be so proud that Eric is yelling "Go UTES!" Red day - what a great color!
Go UTES!!!
Heather you should feel special - I think this is Justin's firt comment ever! I guess the Utes will bring him out. He is usually a troll - just reading everyones blog -
Lisa told me to stop being a troll....
Post a Comment